PDA

View Full Version : Another 99, but I chickened out?

House-Lion
11-02-2004, 11:02 AM
Most of the non-mentioned players had high VP$iP (+30%+60%) and they are not overly aggressive either.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: HouseLion is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(TAG)</font> calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 <font color="purple">(6%-raiser)</font> raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 <font color="purple">(tight)</font> folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, HouseLion calls, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(TAG)</font> calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
HouseLion checks, TAG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, 6%-raiser calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, HouseLion calls, TAG calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
HouseLion checks, TAG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, 6%-raiser folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, HouseLion calls, TAG calls.

River: (13.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
HouseLion checks, TAG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, CO calls, HouseLion calls, TAG folds.

Final Pot: 16.20 BB

Comments appreciated. I think I should have played some streets different, right?

young nut
11-02-2004, 11:06 AM
A turn check raise or even a lead out bet on the turn seems like the right play to me. The C/R would probably do more to protect your hand.

molawn2mo
11-02-2004, 11:29 AM
bet the flop. bet the turn. bet the river.

in the line that you took...

c/r the turn. utg2 did not raise preflop and is unlikely to have best hand now. get the money in when you are ahead. protecting the hand as a result of the c/r is an ancillary benefit (if a benefit at all).

if utg2 has 88, 22 or 33 pay him off. looks like A8. hopefully, not hearts.