PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a rock, I swear

Scotch78
11-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Just over 8,000 hands in at Empire and I'm down either 117 or 97 BB (PT and the cashier disagree with each other). Not terribly worried yet, particularly because my VP$IP is only 15.23%. That's what I'm posting about actually. I've been trying to play looser than at PokerStars, where my VP$IP was around 18-19%. Anybody know the math on the variation here? Also, any idea how much losing that 5% of the hands affects my winrate? Thanx

Scott

Benjamin
11-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Sounds like you are simply on a nasty run of cards. Go through PT and confirm that you just are getting much worse than normal cards if you want. Then don't sweat it. I wouldn't worry about the math ... the fact of being cold decked for extended periods happens to us all. 100 BB slides are commonplace, and it sounds like you are doing a good job of not chasing inferior cards while cold decked, so just hang on and keep playing as well as you can.

B.

Scotch78
11-02-2004, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go through PT and confirm that you just are getting much worse than normal cards if you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming there's no easy way to do this and you mean check how many times I've been dealt each hole card combination compared to the expected ideal?

[ QUOTE ]
the fact of being cold decked for extended periods happens to us all

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I wanted to know. Everyone talks about BB downslides, so I know what's normal for that. I haven't heard what's normal for a run of cold cards though, and this is the worst run I've witnessed personally.

Scott

Benjamin
11-02-2004, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming there's no easy way to do this and you mean check how many times I've been dealt each hole card combination compared to the expected ideal?

[/ QUOTE ]
How many times you've seen each card is right on the front tab of the ring game stats.

Schneids
11-02-2004, 07:22 PM
I was in the negative with AQs for something like 70,000 hands.

USCSigma1097
11-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Sounds like Benjamin has nailed it. When I get a cold rush of cards, my VPIP tends to increase as I get more and more frustrated with the losses. I think if you can avoid this, and continue to play solid tight aggressive poker, you'll be back on top in no time. I also find it helpful to pull up my overall stats to remind myself that I have won over the long run, and my current streak is the exception to the rule, not the status quo. I'm sure you'll be crushing the tables again in no time.

Sigma

Scotch78
11-03-2004, 06:01 AM
Same here . . . AQs gives me the most trouble of the expected earners. This one tough for lots of people?

Scott

stripsqueez
11-03-2004, 08:07 AM
in Oz we would call you an uluru - its short for big rock

my pokertracker anomaly occured with QQ - i destroy with QQ - for something like 60,000 hands it out performed AA and KK

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Scotch78
11-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Converter's still not working right; I'm the SB and there wasn't a poster. This was my second hand at the table. Unfortunately it broke up 5 minutes later and I didn't get to use my image.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: LAG is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $1.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, LAG calls, UTG (poster) checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
LAG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">LAG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">LAG caps</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">LAG bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (14 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">LAG bets</font>, UTG folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
LAG has 3c Ac (flush, ace high).
SB has 9h 9c (flush, jack high).
Outcome: LAG wins 16 BB. </font>