PDA

View Full Version : What's the best "shoot-em-up" game for the X-box?

cold_cash
11-02-2004, 10:24 AM
I just bought a console but I don't have any games for it yet.

I know a few sports games I'd like to get, but I want a good shooting/killing/war/violence/gore/blood/guts game also.

All opinions appreciated.

vulturesrow
11-02-2004, 10:58 AM
For Xbox without question its Halo. Halo2 comes out on Nov 9. Halo is great but you might want to wait and just pick up 2 when it comes out. Pre-register if you want it though just to be sure.

ilya
11-02-2004, 11:33 AM
I guess the obvoius answer is Halo. I'm not the biggest fan but most people seem to like it a lot. You can wait a week and get Halo 2, or you can just try the cheaper Halo 1 and see if you like. Since Halo 2 promises to be "bigger & better," i.e. more of the same.
EA's Medal of Honor games are good. Frontline, the first one, is the best. Only $20, too.
The Chronicles of Riddick didn't sell, but it's a superb game. Despite Vin Diesel's presence.
I think TimeSplitters2 is hella fun. Simple but plays very smooth and lots of fun extra challenges like "survive as long as you can with only a shotgun against endless waves of zombies." That's why they're playing it in "Shaun of the Dead."

nicky g
11-02-2004, 11:41 AM
I have TimeSplitters2 on PS2. It's very good and easily the best shooter on that platform, but Halo is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than it. I can't imagine it's so much better on X-Box that Halo doesn't own TS2Xbox too.

ilya
11-02-2004, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have TimeSplitters2 on PS2. It's very good and easily the best shooter on that platform, but Halo is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than it. I can't imagine it's so much better on X-Box that Halo doesn't own TS2Xbox too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I've definitely had more fun with TS2. But I realize I'm in the minority.

ThaSaltCracka
11-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Halo or Halo 2, Rainbow Six is also supposedly pretty good, Doom 3 or Castle Wolfenstein.

wacki
11-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Halo is pretty cool, the only problem I have with it is the limited choice of weapons. Did they fix that in Halo 2?

ThaSaltCracka
11-02-2004, 01:43 PM
I don't know, I think they upgraded some, and brought some new ones in, but some are gone as well. probably around the same amount of guns, with less shitty ones.

MarkL444
11-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Halo is pretty widely considered one of the best games ever. Halo 2 comes out next tuesday. Get that.

vulturesrow
11-02-2004, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Halo is pretty cool, the only problem I have with it is the limited choice of weapons. Did they fix that in Halo 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

New weapons and dual-wielding if I remember what I read correctly.

Manimal
11-02-2004, 08:02 PM
FPS - Halo
Arcade Style - Metal Slug 3

NLSoldier
11-02-2004, 09:54 PM
Wow, I cant beleive people give responses other than Halo. Get HALO and HALO 2. Just make sure you have XBOX LIVE or lots of friends to play with and it will be the best money you've ever spent.

Dangergirl
11-03-2004, 11:41 AM
I have to agree with everyone else here and say it's Halo. Before Halo, I didn't even like first person shooters. After Halo, I haven't liked any others. Halo 2 should be better.

Bubbagump
11-03-2004, 04:25 PM
There are so many to choose from. Right now I'm playing Star Wars Battlefield. This is a great game for blowing off steam. There are no in depth story lines it's just your basic run and gun, kill anything that shoots at you type of game. Great stress reliever after a long day at work.

Bubbagump