PDA

View Full Version : Weak Fold

Scotch78
11-02-2004, 09:50 AM
UTG's VP$IP/PFR is 43/0. He's not as passive postflop though, with AF#s between 1-1.4. In my datamine (110 hands) his W$SD when he bets the river was 100%. However, in the current session (50 hands) his river AF is 6. (His W$SD when he bets is only 33% but I'm ignoring that because it's 1/3 with the two losses being trips to a straight and a straight to a flush.) I haven't noticed any trickiness from him yet, including bluffing. Without the blip in AF I would feel completely comfortable folding this hand, should I be comfortable even with the spike in aggression? Or does anyone think I still need to call this at 10-1?

Empire Poker $1/$2 Hold'em (6 max)

Dealt to Hero (SB) [ Q /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
UTG calls.
CO calls.
BTN calls.
Hero raises.
BB calls.
UTG calls.
CO calls.
BTN calls.
** Dealing Flop ** [ J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Hero bets.
BB calls.
UTG calls.
CO calls.
BTN calls.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Hero bets.
BB folds.
UTG calls.
CO folds.
BTN folds.
** Dealing River ** [ 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]
Hero checks.
UTG bets.
Hero folds.

imitation
11-02-2004, 10:07 AM
You need to bet the river and fold to a raise.

RunDownHouse
11-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Is that a "standard" play, as much as there is one, where you've got a strong holding, but can't beat a flush when there's 4 to the flush on the board?

spydog
11-02-2004, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is that a "standard" play, as much as there is one, where you've got a strong holding, but can't beat a flush when there's 4 to the flush on the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for me. You rarely get called by a worse hand here and a bluff-raise isn't unusual so you could fold a better hand. I like to check with the intention of letting him bluff me.