PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Dinners, for lunch

Topflight
11-02-2004, 09:28 AM
I was bringing Uncle Ben's chicken fried rice to work. Then I switched to Lean Cuisine swedish meatballs. Now I'm on Stouffers chicken and stuffing. I'm getting burnt out though, I need something new.

What should I get next?

beerbandit
11-02-2004, 10:01 AM
stouffers macaroni and cheese is the ultimate. you can also get it paired up with a fish filet or salisbury steak---i like just the mac and cheese though, if youre eating it for your lunch you probably should have some meat. it turns out pretty good in the microwave, the fish isnt quite as good in the micro as the oven though.

i also would eat (i think ragu) pasta dishes when i was at school--they were pretty damn good. the pasta comes in a seal bag and is already cooked, you just pour the sauce out of the pouch and heat. i really need some garlic bread with my pasta though.

cheers
beer

turnipmonster
11-02-2004, 11:28 AM
www.tastybite.com (http://www.tastybite.com)

--turnipmonster

ThaSaltCracka
11-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Go buy some Marie Calenders frozen meals, those are freakin good.

Homer
11-02-2004, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

HDPM
11-02-2004, 01:38 PM
I can't say I haven't brought a frozen meal to work. But I am wondering how far we have fallen as men. What happened to the lunch consumed at a bar? Or a medium rare steak, 3 martinis and 6 Camels? We need a '50's retro day where we can break out of the millenium girly man rut. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Neil Stevens
11-02-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was bringing Uncle Ben's chicken fried rice to work. Then I switched to Lean Cuisine swedish meatballs. Now I'm on Stouffers chicken and stuffing. I'm getting burnt out though, I need something new.

What should I get next?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stouffer's lasagna? The small size should be fine for a lunch.

beerbandit
11-02-2004, 02:09 PM
i dont think that to many guys can leave work, go to the bar and get shitted up. i pick up lunch from quite a few bars but i go there knowing that i cant stay, although.....

i have went out for lunch but it has resulted in me not coming back and that never works out to well with the boss, especially if i dont tell him im goin and he gets left out.

cheers
beer

astroglide
11-02-2004, 02:14 PM
hot pockets are ok. i like the indian chicken tikka masala frozen dinners around here but i don't know the name. we just got a couple trader joe's around here and they're supposed to have awesome/healthy ethnic heat and eat stuff. http://www.traderjoes.com/ is the web site apparently.

HDPM
11-02-2004, 02:48 PM
I know. I can't do it, and don't drink at lunch even when I could. But I'm including myself in the fall. I mean, we have gone from 3 martini lunches to talking about which lean cuisine is better. Sad state of affairs, and I am guilty too. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-02-2004, 02:56 PM
I think it has something to do with more women in the work place. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

HDPM
11-02-2004, 05:52 PM
Progress is OK. Nothing wrong w/ a woman having a salad, 3 martinis and benson and hedges while I have steak, 3 martinis and 6 camels. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nolanfan34
11-02-2004, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Doesn't work as something to bring to lunch, but the Marie Callendar beef pot pie is damn good. Gotta cook it in an oven though, no microwave BS.

ThaSaltCracka
11-02-2004, 06:19 PM
naw, I think women just got tired of being hit on by drunk male co-workers after lunch.

blackaces13
11-02-2004, 06:28 PM
The Stouffer's lasagna is pretty damned good too, especially the 4 cheese (or is it 5 cheese?) whatever.

When it comes to frozen crap, I think Stouffer's is usually a good bet.

sublime
11-02-2004, 06:55 PM
What should I get next?

something that isnt processed and frozen

these foods are not long term +EV

ThaSaltCracka
11-02-2004, 07:05 PM
yeah, go with a lunchable. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ulysses
11-02-2004, 07:40 PM
I recommend the Grilled Chicken Sandwich (http://www.goldclubsf.com/html/events.htm) (scroll down for menu), though the steaks don't look too bad.

Also, I'm quite disappointed you didn't contribute to the Scotch/Cognac thread. I'm sure you must have tried something new recently that was good! You should spend your time on that, not talking to these guys about TV dinners.