PDA

View Full Version : Vegas this friday

fireman664
11-02-2004, 09:13 AM
I am going this Friday with my wife and some firends. I of course am there for the poker. The wife is there for the sun. This leads me to my first question.....how warm is it there right now? I see the average highs around 73, but I am from Indianapolis and the average can be 40 degrees off. The second question I have is: I play $100 NL 6max online. I dont mind the full games, I just seem to do a little better shorthanded. What game should I look for that would be close to the structure/skill level that I am used to (and my BR for 2 nights is only $600, but I can gamble it all)? The last time I went I didnt even play the NL games there, which was a mistake because I am not really a limit player (I did end up on the positive end though). Thanks for any comments, and I will post a trip report when I return.

Thanks
fireman

AllVegasPoker.com
11-02-2004, 03:24 PM
It's getting chilly outside during the day, but your wife may be able to catch some sun by the pool. This past weekend I noticed a surprisingly large number of people laying out by the pool at Luxor in the early afternoon. She won't be the only person looking for a November tan.

As for NLHE, I would say with a $600 bankroll you should check out the Luxor $50 min/max game, and the $100 Excalibur min/max game. On weekends these games are usually spread on 2 to 4 tables at each poker room, so you should find plenty of action.

If you want to play some limit action, then you may want to check out the Bellagio 8/16. It's just about right for your bankroll. Best of luck.

fireman664
11-04-2004, 04:26 PM
For any 2+2ers interested. I will be staying at the Flamingo. If your there hunt me down. Im short and will be wearing an Indianapolis Fire Department Engine 11 hat....or a COLTS hat. I am also thinking of trying the $300 max buyin games, but not sure where the best game is? As for the weather? I checked today and tomorrows high is a sunny 74....that should keep the wife happy, and buy me some more time at the tables.

PimpJzH
11-04-2004, 04:45 PM
AllVegasPoker is right go to the Excalibur i played there Saturday night this last weekend, tons of tourists, NL there on weekends i believe was 3 tables i waited for maybe 15 mins 100min/max buyin no more no less, i played for 2 hours and watched at least 8-10 people come to the table play every hand piss away $100-$300 and get up and leave without caring, a local at my table had at least $1000 easy and i was up about $ 50 after a couple hours without trying or going all in, i however ended up getting into a showdown with the other local having $ 1000 flop QJQ i have q 10 in my hand i check he checks , turn blank he bets 30 i raise to 60 he puts me all in, i saw him make bad play after play and so i pushed all in, he turns over KQ i'm out kicked and blow it all. Oh well stay away from the local players who swarm on the drunken tourists and i bet you could leave the table with about $ 500, as i could have if i played out some hands differently. Good luck, hope this helped.

AllVegasPoker.com
11-04-2004, 06:15 PM
What a terrible beat!

Beats like that are so irritating, especially heads up. Did he raise his Q,K pre-flop?

Jeffage
11-04-2004, 06:50 PM
My favorite NL hand from the 2-5 NL game at Flamingo (300 Max Buy in). I have about 600. Crazy asian who raises every hand makes it 10, tight kid calls, others call, i call with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Flop is 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Asian bets 20, tight kid calls, I call. Turn is the 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Asian checks, kid thinks and pushes all in for like 275. What an odd bet. I can't see him having a boat since he'd want to get paid off. I figure he has a dry 3 or a smaller flush. I call. He doesn't turn so I don't. He looks at me and goes "flush." I say me too, show it, and he instantly mucks. Thanks for playing /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Jeff

PimpJzH
11-05-2004, 01:31 PM
yea he limped for the $ 2 blind , i saw him play 82 off and 3 6 off and bluff people out of pots with nothing, i thought i had him too. AllVegasPoker i like your site alot, i thought about starting my own like it till saw yours, i'd like to recommned expansion to include all the places here in vegas that have poker, and offer my help doing room reviews to help you, im sure it can be quiet tedious.Email me at itsjzhnidda@aol.com and let me know, thanks.