PDA

View Full Version : 4 Handed 800 BB?

Unarmed
11-02-2004, 09:01 AM
Longest game...ever. UTG and button are ridiculously tight, even with the blinds where they are. BB is solid, and understands that he basically has to call with nearly any two if I push. Knowing that, do I have to drop this given I'm a dog against a random hand? If I do, my fold equity *should* be zero with only 2xBB, but against UTG and Button it isnt necessarily. If I do get ace high or something on a subsequent hand and get called I double up and am possibly chip leader. Next blind increase 5 min off.

$5 PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (4 handed)

Button (t3540)
Hero (t2025)
BB (t3045)
UTG (t4890)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, Button folds, SB ???

captZEEbo1
11-02-2004, 11:10 AM
how loose of a caller is bb? I'm assuming you have reads by now. I'm pushing here though (unless you think this guy will call a hand like K hi). If you pick up the blinds, you are in much better shape than if you fold and wait another orbit for a good hand.

Unarmed
11-02-2004, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how loose of a caller is bb? I'm assuming you have reads by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB is solid, and understands that he basically has to call with nearly any two if I push.

betgo
11-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Then fold. You are not getting sufficient pot odds against a random hand. Plus it sounds like some of the players are not strong. Why make a play that will probably bust yourself out.