PDA

View Full Version : 50-100 O8 hand

10-31-2001, 02:07 PM
Another 50-100 o8 hand.

I am the kill in middle position w/ 8543. Decent player - playing a little loose but not too fishy -UTG calls, I check, Loose Aggressive calls(LA), Very Solid Player calls(VSP), Fish in SB calls and BB calls.

6 Handed - Pot : 6 SB.

Flop: 8c8h7c.

SB bets, BB folds, UTG folds, I raise - I think the SB could be betting anything from an 8 to the low draw to a wrap straight draw. He's been showing down garbage and playng aggressively.

LA reraises. VSP 4-bets. all fold to SB who calls. Here's where I think I might have been out of line. I call. LA calls. I put VSP on the nut low draw, most likely w/ backup. LA could have anything from nut low to A8,77,or 87. I plan to fold if I don't fill up on the turn.

4 Handed - Pot : 22 SB.

Turn: 4d. 8874. SB bets - I give him the nut low when he bets. He could've made 8's full of 4's but I think he'd have check-raised that. I call to see what LA does behind me - if he raises again, I will be in a tough situation b/c he could have 87 or the nut low, if he calls, I know I'm good and can raise the river. LA calls, VSP calls. At this point, I figure SB and VSP are both on low and LA is drawing to an 8. Should I have raised here?

4 Handed - Pot 30 SB.

River Qc. 8874Q. SB Bets, I raise, LA complains about missing his over cards and fold, VSP calls. SB calls.

Comments?

10-31-2001, 02:10 PM
River 8874Q.

SB shows A2J7 for the nut low. VSP shows A277 for the under full and the nut low, my 8's full of 4's wins high.

LA claims to have had A8KK for the over cards w/ the 8.

Was I thinking incorrectly in 1) calling the 2 bets on teh flop, 2) just calling when I filled in my 8's on teh turn to see what LA did ?

Thanx.