PDA

View Full Version : Marginal JJ hand

trumpman84
11-02-2004, 08:16 AM
10 dollar buy in home game. Started on 2-tables with 13 players....we've combined to 1 table with 8 players when this hand happens.

UTG and UTG+1 both have me covered..I have a smallish-mid stack..with the blinds at 25-50 still and my stack being at around 1100, I'm in no danger of being blinded down anytime soon.

UTG, who's mostly a LAG...likes betting and is very aggressive raises to 175. UTG+1 another aggressive player, much more solid a player and not as loose as UTG, re-raises to 500. I'm sitting there with JJ in the first middle position with the rest of the table and the blinds still the act mixed with a few calling stations and some more aggressives....I'm probably the tightest at the table.

I quickly count up my chips and figure I can't call and fold an unfavorable flop without seriously crippling myself, so I think it's a push or fold situation. I think UTG would probably fold to my push, but UTG+1 would probably call.

I fold. Clearly a very slight edge or way behind situation I think. Is there any chance you think UTG+1 has tens or nines..something I'd want to see? Did I make the right play here?

Oh yea....top 3 pay with the payout very, very winner heavy.

100 for first, 20 for second and 10 (buy-in back) for third.

captZEEbo1
11-02-2004, 11:18 AM
good laydown. You now have NO folding equity. You're at best a coinflip with one of the two. One of the two has at least AK, AQ, or QQ+ and will call you. If they both call you, you are in very bad shape. The chance both of them have under pocketpairs is small. Only hand utg+1 could have that you'd like would be TT probably.

You are right with push/fold though.