PDA

View Full Version : Big Set With Semi-Dead Side Cards

10-30-2001, 07:45 PM
Hello,Players,

The game is 20-40 3-way action on 4th St.

P1: A A A J

P2: 10 9 J 4(live backdoor str. draw)

P3: 6 6 J 10( with a backdoor live flush draw)

P1: Full bets on 3rd{could be playing several hand types}

What should P1 do on 4th. after P2 and P3 called 3rd.?

Sitting Bull

10-30-2001, 07:57 PM
Bet. Is this a trick question?

10-31-2001, 09:43 AM
If I were P1 i would check call on fourth. The full bet and the check might make your opponents think you have an A high draw. Then go for a raise on fifth or sixth. Keep in mind that you will not know what the other players have so the fact that there are three J's out makes it much less likely you can lose this hand.

Pat

10-31-2001, 10:33 AM
Hello, Pat

I agree with Louie-----you should bet.

You don't want those backdoors coming in against your set with dead side-card(s). Don't give them any rope.

Sitting Bull

10-31-2001, 10:38 AM
Hello,Louie

I agree with you 100%. No trick question---remember,what might be an obvious answer for Player1 might not be for Player2.

Sitting Bull

10-31-2001, 12:23 PM
I dont agree. I would love to have two backdoor draws playing against me when I have trip aces, and would gladly allow them to play. But you must keep in mind that you do NOT know that they have backdoor draws when you are playing. By posting the cards you allow comments to be made with perfect info, which does not happen in the heat of battle.

If you think a bet will build the biggest pot, perhaps because one of the players is over aggressive and always makes a free card play on forth street,then you should bet. If checking builds the biggest pot then you should check. Even if they both make a real draw you not only are still a favorite but you are almost 40% to make a full house.

Pat

10-31-2001, 05:46 PM
I must be missing something here?? If we are on 4th street how can there be any backdoor draws??? What was the flop and the turn?

11-01-2001, 10:44 AM
Hello,Jellow,

The game is 7 card stud.

The sequence of ranks is read from left to right.

I exposed the first two down cards.

I defined a backdoor draw as any 3 consecutive ranks or any 3 suited cards.

Sitting Bull

11-01-2001, 06:57 PM
ooops, I was thinking hold-em ---sorry about that.

11-02-2001, 09:13 PM
If there have been max bets on 3rd, a check should look very suspicious. Really the only hand player 1 could check here is rolled up Aces, as he would have to bet Aces, and would certainly bet with A high flush or straight draw when it looks like the other hands have not helped. I would be much more afraid of a check than a bet from Player 1 here either way.

If the pot has been capped on 3rd there is enough money in the pot that players 2 and 3 will take at least one more card hoping to help their draws (weak as they are). The pot is already big, don't give anyone a free shot at it. Basically P3 has no chance to win, and P2 needs to ctach very good to get the lead, and if you fill the other players are almost totally dead short of backdooring quads.

BET BET BET.

11-04-2001, 01:44 AM
What should you do? BET, BET, BET. Make them pay all the way if they want to chase those draws..