PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong with my game?

WarDekar
11-02-2004, 03:13 AM
I started playing $20+2 and $30+3 SNGs a few months ago and did extremely well with them. Then I lost a little and lost a little of my profits back and took a little break for various reasons. Now I'm back, and through my first 14 tournaments back (I realize this isn't a very big sample) I'm down $204 on $20+2s only. My finishes are:

0 1sts
1 2nd
1 3rd
6 4ths
2 5ths
1 6th
1 7th
2 8ths

I don't think I've changed my style much at all, but it's just not working out anymore. My play stats from my most recent session (8 tourneys):

Hands Played: 370
Hands Won: 5%
Showdowns Won: 61%
Flops Seen: 20%
Win% If Flop Seen: 25%

This is limit HE. Should I disregard it as only a sample of 14 (keep in mind I had lost back nice chunk of profit previous to this bad run, too), or is there a way I can look at my game to fix it?

I don't know how to explain what has been happening to me, it seems like more often then not (almost always, actually) I'm going out on hands where I have a pretty good advantage on them, and very rarely do I pull out a "miracle" myself, as I probably shouldn't be. What could cause such a drastic change in performance?

lorinda
11-02-2004, 03:49 AM
Hard to say without more info.

Maybe post a few bubble hands if it continues.

Edit: you are reaching the top four over half the time, that is probably enough that not much has changed.

Lori

pshreck
11-02-2004, 06:20 AM
I have a feeling you are getting over involved on the bubble, maybe you are playing chip EV positive but not payout EV+.

From knowing nothing about your play.... one peice of advice that might work is lower how often you are calling for all your chips 4 handed. Of the times you were eliminated fourth, did you call someone for all your chips on something that was close to coinflips or you being dominated?

EDIT... this post is soooo helpful for you.... because its referring to NL SNG's. Sorry. Listen to Lorinda and others who know proper limit tournament play, not me.

lorinda
11-02-2004, 06:26 AM
Listen to Lorinda and others who know proper limit tournament play

My limit is only mediocre, but the principles can be applied to both games to some degree.

Lori