PDA

View Full Version : A splendid dealer's choice game (skills test)

10-28-2001, 06:40 PM
I'm talking about the dealer's choice tables at ACF in Paris. They solely play the dealer's choice structure but let me explain you what they do.

They spread 10 different games, chosen with 5 double button plaquets. ALL THE GAMES ARE POT-LIMIT.

The games are:

1- Hold'em

2- 7 stud

3- Omaha

4- 7 NULLO (LOndon lowball) Just to remember, straights and flushes don't count here and the best hand is A-2-3-4-6

5- OMaha hi-lo

6- 7 stud hi-lo

7- Omaha 5 (five cards dealt)

8- Double hold'em (two flops and if not scooped the pot is splitted between the 2 (or more) winners.

9- Aviation. 4 cards dealt, it is played like hold'em but you have to discard one card before the flop (after the first betting round) and one card after the flop.

10- Courchevel. 5 cards dealt, it's an omaha game but the first flop card is open dealt. Needless to say, the action here is tremendous.

In your opinion are these "headache tables" a good training to test REAL poker skills?

Marco

10-29-2001, 10:29 PM
sure, you get to learn the value of hands in different games. thats where most players have trouble seeing that in some games a flush or straight may not even be playable. you get to really charge those that value hands between different games closely. when i was there i usually dealt aviation as i got to make a big hand but didnt have to play against someone drawing too big as in courchevel.