PDA

View Full Version : Could I havve better maximized this hand?

J LU
11-02-2004, 01:36 AM
Playing EP 1/2, both players are LAP seeing over 50% of flops.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (15 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

This is my first posted hand. My biggest question is do you think it was best not to reraise the flop &amp; turn to keep other players in the hand or could I have gotten more $.

Thanks.

Evan
11-02-2004, 01:41 AM
1/2 hands go in micro

anyway...

fold preflop, AJo is a crap hand against a raise out of position

3 bet the flop

given that you didn't 3 bet the flop you have to 3 bet the turn

liquidboss
11-02-2004, 02:07 AM
I don't have a big problem with waiting for the turn to raise here but you really should have 3 bet the turn. The only reason not to 3 bet the flop is so you have a better chance to 3 bet the turn. Get your money in the pot!!!