PDA

View Full Version : AA

sfwusc
11-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (8.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls $2 (All-In).

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

Hybrid_11
11-02-2004, 01:13 AM
I dont like any of your play but the preflop.

The flop i would come out betting but it seemed you were looking for a check raise and you got what u wanted but you didnt raise just called. I dont like that move. Especially with the flush draw out there

The turn comes and you bet. If you pulled a check/call on the flop in this situation i would check again assuming its likely another bet will made but coming out betting you might of lost some BB.

The river i would probably do the same thing but CO calling down then all of a sudden jumping into action would scare me into maybe just calling his raise.

I dont really like slow playing pock aces in cash games because for the most part your getting yourself in trouble

umdpoker
11-02-2004, 01:24 AM
why the hell did you decide to let everybody and their mother see the turn cheaply? i wouldn't mind a checkraise too much on the flop. of course, everybody is gonna call the 2nd bet once they call the first. at least you would have gotten more money in when almost certainly ahead. i would also bet the turn, or checkraise it if you had just called the flop. the bad news is that you played this hand horribly. the good news is that you posted the hand, and probably won't do it again.

Quercus
11-02-2004, 01:34 AM
Don't let yourself get low on cash at a table.

umdpoker
11-02-2004, 01:35 AM
just reread the hand. i thought there were 4 on the flop. now that i see there are only 3, including you, perhaps a flop check-call, turn check-raise would be good against aggressive opponents. i would only use this against people that i know will bet the turn 90% of the time. otherwise, i checkraise the flop. waiting til the river to go nuts with an overpair is a good way to spew chips.

trumpman84
11-02-2004, 05:27 AM
I don't understand your line here.
Looks like you were setting up for a turn checkraise, but instead came out betting on the turn. If your ahead here, you cost yourself some bets by either not raising the flop or not check raising the turn.

Moreover, since you raised pre-flop, don't get tricky and just come out betting the flop..I just don't understand the flop check-call then leading out the turn..the two action contradict themselves.

sfwusc
11-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Yea I missed played it badly. I think the reason was the guy was crazy. I got scared. He turned over Qs7c

davelin
11-02-2004, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea I missed played it badly. I think the reason was the guy was crazy. I got scared. He turned over Qs7c

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the reason to be more aggressive, not to go into your shell when dealt a great hand.