PDA

View Full Version : Call or raise this flop?

Quercus
11-01-2004, 11:23 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, hero ???

15:1 on the flop with middle pair, a backdoor flush and runner/runner straight draw. Plenty of outs to call, but do you raise for the free card attempt here...

Entity
11-01-2004, 11:26 PM
I don't like the preflop call, for the record.

I'd raise for the free card attempt, but it looks like UTG might 3-bet you here. Only do this if you know you'll succeed, I think.

Rob

umdpoker
11-01-2004, 11:34 PM
nah. you want to keep people in the pot so that you get paid if you hit. if utg 3-bets, then you will likely be hads up with a crappy hand. i would also fold this preflop without a 2nd thought. do you always cold-call with suited 1 gappers?

TheHip41
11-01-2004, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, hero ???

15:1 on the flop with middle pair, a backdoor flush and runner/runner straight draw. Plenty of outs to call, but do you raise for the free card attempt here...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd just call. I'd really hate to have to pay 3 bets to see the turn, and your hand isn't "that" good. If you had a pair with a made draw, either flush or straight, I'd probably raise, but with 2 backdoors and a weak a$$ pair, I'd call. If you spike a draw, call the turn, two pair or trips, raise the turn. If nothing, c/f

Quercus
11-01-2004, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you always cold-call with suited 1 gappers?

[/ QUOTE ]

With T9s in late position with 2 cold callers in front? Yep. Every time.