PDA

View Full Version : Unavoidable I'm going broke hand?

Bigwig
11-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Poker stars $30 STT

Relevant stacks:

UTG (t2000)
UTG+1 (t1800)
Hero (t1600)

BB is 30.

UTG raises to 60
UTG+1 calls 60
All fold to Hero
Hero A/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif reraises to 330
UTG calls 270
UTG+1 calls 270

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks
UTG+1 checks
Hero bets all-in

They both called, and both had KQ.

You know, as I'm typing this, I think I already know the answer. I'm going broke on this hand, right?

lastchance
11-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Hero raises to just 200 preflop or limps behind, bets 1/2 pot on the flop, gets away with AK and TPTK when UTG goes in and UTG+1 calls.

Your line is fine though.

Bigwig
11-01-2004, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero raises to just 200 preflop or limps behind, bets 1/2 pot on the flop, gets away with AK and TPTK when UTG goes in and UTG+1 calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

A reraise to 200 doesn't get the mid/small pairs out for set value though, does it?

pshreck
11-01-2004, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont like this advice for a 10+1. I think a simple answer is yes you always go broke here. But more often then not you win a lot.

In a 10+1, if you have committed over half your stack with TPTK, you should stay with it, without trying to think too much about it. You have to be wrong a LOT for the call to be wrong with the pot odds.

lastchance
11-01-2004, 10:56 PM
No, it doesn't, which is why your line might be better (given opponents, etc). But it does get you away from danger flops. Very hard to get away from this, but I think my line gives you a bit of help when you're beat on the flop if you hit. Also leaves less chips in the middle if you miss.

pshreck
11-02-2004, 01:25 AM
I think you basically described the optimal situation where he can have a big hand and fold it correctly. So many things have to go a certain way. What if the other players dont push on the flop after your 1/2 pot bet, and continue to slowplay. Youll just lead out on the turn again, and then lose your whole stack.

Under PERFECT circumstances, it could be possible to get away from any hand, but we are talking about this situation in a little more of a generality than 6 events happening exactly as planned in succession.

lastchance
11-02-2004, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I know that if they don't raise you back, you're going to lose your stack. It's going to very hard to get away from this hand, obviously, but you can get away with it if you raise a bit less preflop and on the flop.

Side benefits, I guess. Main benefit is how you can easily get away from it when you miss.

Irieguy
11-02-2004, 01:53 AM
When people talk about overbetting with TPTK, this is NOT what they mean.

If you make a re-raise with AK and then make top pair with that board... all of your chips should go in. Any other line is way too weak-tight.

Irieguy

pshreck
11-02-2004, 01:54 AM
irie guy makes my point more concisely, thats basically what I meant to say. Its almost like we're saying that discussion on this that may lead to laying this hand down won't really help anyone, atleast not in the long run.