PDA

View Full Version : Hands a-tremblin' vs. Big a-slickin'

private joker
11-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Live 2/4, 9-handed

UTG+1 hasn't played a single hand since he sat down 45 minutes ago. When he reaches for his raising chips PF, his hands are shaking so bad I thought he was going to pass out.

The rest of the table has been unpredictable and LAGgy. Tendencies to limp-reraise, slowplay big hands, and bluff shamelessly.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="red"> UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets </font>, button calls, <font color="red"> SB caps </font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, button calls

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (6 players, 24 sb)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, button calls, SB calls, BB calls

Turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (15 BB)
SB checks, BB checks,<font color="red"> UTG+1 bets </font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, button folds, SB calls, BB folds

River: T /images/graemlins/heart.gif (18 BB)
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Results in white below:

<font color="white">UTG+1 turned over QsQd, SB turned over AcTc for the rivered aces up, Hero's AK is no g00t </font>

BusterStacks
11-01-2004, 10:18 PM
You need to raise the turn to face the others with 2 cold.

Evan
11-01-2004, 10:20 PM
raise the turn. what are you afraid of? there are only 2 aces left in the deck so you're likely up against KK/QQ maybe JJ from UTG+1 but I'm not ready to give credit for a set.

joker122
11-01-2004, 10:23 PM
I'd raise the turn with 3 left to act behind in this big pot.

private joker
11-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Wow, so that's three votes for raising the turn. Yeah. I took forever to make this call. Had to call time twice and think about all the possibilities, calculate the odds, and make a plan for what to do if I raised and was reraised or if the river was ugly. I figured if I'm ahead, then I can easily call or raise a safe river card depending on the action; if I'm behind, then I might be way behind and raising with the worst of it. But the pot was too big to fold (besides, I have friggin' TPTK), so I had to at least call. But every argument I gave myself for raising, I talked myself out of it. It wasn't going to get anyone to fold, and I decided there weren't enough safe river cards that I could be comfortable with. Three diamonds on the board, of which I have zero in my hand. Straight possibilities, and of course the dreaded two pair -- since I'd seen these guys slowplay stuff, their check-calling was scarier than usual. And I don't want to raise into AJ, JJ, or a made flush.

btspider
11-01-2004, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, so that's three votes for raising the turn. Yeah. I took forever to make this call. Had to call time twice and think about all the possibilities, calculate the odds, and make a plan for what to do if I raised and was reraised or if the river was ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously? don't do that live. that's a terrible image to project.. especially at 2/4. you can raise the turn to fold tiny diamonds. I doubt this guy would even 3-bet AA. he sounds like a first time player. I was a little nervous when I first played 2/4 (after only playing a few days of .02/.04 on pstars.