PDA

View Full Version : General Preflop question

maxpowers21
11-01-2004, 09:42 PM
In gereral what types of hands would you raise in a 5-10 party full ring game for limit texas holdem in Late Position after 1 or two players limp to you.
I tend to raise down to QTo, A9o and down to 9's, but I'm wondering if i'm putting in too much value to these QTo QJo KTo, A9o type hands here. Also would any one raise or just call if these hand types are suited? what about 2's-7's.

Evan
11-01-2004, 09:45 PM
you're question is pretty vague. if you want a good preflop guide buy Small Stakes Hold'em and follow the "Tight Games" recs.

jrobb83
11-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Post some preflop situations you have trouble with in small stakes. Do a search in small stakes and you can find some great stuff too.

As Evan said, review the preflop reccomendations for "tight games" in Small Stakes Holdem. Those ought to apply to the 5/10 game.

The most important thing, however, is to understand exactly why you make certain plays, and why certain hands become more valuable than others as conditions change.

PigVomit
11-01-2004, 10:10 PM
That is a very general question, but a reasonable anwer i think would be in an unraised pot from late position with a caller or two you can raise with what Sklansky would call group 1,2,and 3 hands which would be AA KK QQ JJ TT 99 AKs AKo AQs AJs KQs AKo QJs ATs KJs and even TJs.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-01-2004, 10:25 PM
A9o fold

The rest call.