PDA

View Full Version : An all-in AV vs EV program?

UncleRemus
11-01-2004, 08:53 PM
I think I remember someone a while back talking about a program that analyzes actual value vs expected value on all in's from a HH file. Does anyone know if this is available somewhere? I would love to run it on my hand histories, especially from the last week.

Thanks,
Remus

eastbay
11-01-2004, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I remember someone a while back talking about a program that analyzes actual value vs expected value on all in's from a HH file. Does anyone know if this is available somewhere? I would love to run it on my hand histories, especially from the last week.

Thanks,
Remus

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not made them available, simply because they are way too hackish to be useable. I did give them out once with a caveat emptor, and got back a replay saying something to the effect of how awful the scripts are. I agreed.

It's a fairly simple matter if someone wants to do it right and make it publically available. I have other priorities right now.

eastbay

UncleRemus
11-01-2004, 10:18 PM
Ahh I see. I was actually toying around with the idea of making one, but figured coding the hand analyzer would be too much effort (I'm sure I could do the parsing and calculations with ease, I just wouldn't know how to calculate how often, say, A7 will beat 56.) I'm actually looking for a side project, though, and perhaps figuring all of this out could be a good time. I think I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,
Remus

eastbay
11-01-2004, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ahh I see. I was actually toying around with the idea of making one, but figured coding the hand analyzer would be too much effort (I'm sure I could do the parsing and calculations with ease, I just wouldn't know how to calculate how often, say, A7 will beat 56.) I'm actually looking for a side project, though, and perhaps figuring all of this out could be a good time. I think I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,
Remus

[/ QUOTE ]

For the hand matchups, I highly recommend using the pokenum utility which comes with the poker library poker-eval:

http://directory.fsf.org/games/poker-eval.html

This is what is used by twodimes.net, who slapped a web interface on it.

eastbay

UncleRemus
11-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Wow, now that REALLY helps. Thanks a lot!

Remus