10-20-2001, 09:24 PM
Dear Players,

The following 3-way action hands were recently played:

Jackpot: 2700.00

All paired cards on 4th. St. were completely live

P2: (x,x}A A

Me: (6,3)6 6

P3 (x,x)Q Q

P2(Loose-agressive) bets Max ---1-5 Stud game.

Me: Call(Thinking about the Jackpot win potential)

P3(style unknown) Call

*************Next Round***********

P2: (x,x) A A 4

Me: (6,3) 6 6 2

P3: (x,x) Q Q K

P2: Check

Me: Check

P3: Bet

P2: Call

How would play the hand on the remaining Sts.?

10-21-2001, 04:33 AM
If P2 checked with Aces on his board then it seems unlikely he's got trip Aces. He saw two people call him and assumes that at least one player has him beat.

When P3 bets into a board with two Aces on it, you can be fairly sure he has trip Queens. You're in second place.

I'd call P3s bets until you make a full-house in which case you're definitely betting/paying-off on the river. If you don't improve your trip 6s, it may be best to make a tough laydown. It depends on your read of P3.

I've laid down trip Aces when I was sure I was beat by a flush. It saved me $5.

As far as jackpots go, I don't take them into consideration when I decide on what play to make.

10-21-2001, 05:31 AM
If you put a person on trip Q's, why would you call with trip 6's? ( unless a very large pot )

Later,

CJ

P.S. - On the subject matter, never let a jackpot influence they way you play a hand, until you have a hand MADE that will qualify for it.

10-21-2001, 05:38 PM
even then I think I would rather pound the heck out of the other guy. If he has a chance at a jackpot type hand I dont think he would let it go and You need to take as much advantage of the situation as possible.

10-22-2001, 01:38 AM
Dear Dynasty,

I played the hand exactly liked you described.

Since I did not fill-up on 7th St., I folded my trips thinking

that my opponent had trip Q's. He actually had A's and Q's.

Sitting Bull

10-22-2001, 01:43 AM
Dear CJ,

I'm not strong enough to release trips even if I think that

I'm beat. This is one of the reasons that I'm struggling to earn

one Big Bet an hour.

Sitting Bull

10-22-2001, 02:41 AM
Here is the way this hand should have been played.

4th street-- If you are not going to fold... then RAISE,RAISE..

Plus,

If you are calling on 6th street ( in a heads up situation ) then you MUST call the river.

Later,

CJ

10-22-2001, 04:18 AM
Ugh.

Still, your opponent will have trip queens about 100 times more often then he'll have As and Qs.

I would make one correction to my comments. When the Aces check, you should bet your trips in to the QQ board to see what he does. You'll usually get raised but when you don't you are likely not up against trips.

10-22-2001, 05:52 AM
Dynasty,

I agree.. If a paired door Q is going to bet into a paired door A, then most likely he has trip Q's.. (unless he has a pair/4 flush then he might bet on fifth) Also remember the Q's just CALLED on 4th. Thus the reason I said I would have RAISED 4th.

This is a fairly basic fold or raise situation..

If you are going to play them, then you must raise here to attempt to get the pot heads up at least.

Now there is a lot of info I don't have on this hand. ( how players play, suits of cards, was there 3rd street raising, etc. ) So this is all speaking generally of course...

If you are going to call on sixth with trips in a head-up pot. Then you must call on the river. If for no other reason.. to let your opponents know they can't run over you.

The most catostrophic of mistakes was made here. That, being not calling one bet on the river that cost a decent pot.

Sincerly,

CJ

10-23-2001, 08:06 PM
Dear CJ,

I agree with your analysis.

Sitting Bull