PDA

View Full Version : Why do Presidential candidates try to show they can play sports?

nolanfan34
11-01-2004, 06:14 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20041031/450day3_kerry.jpg

I mean, come on, does he think he's Brett Favre? Goes for Bush too, nothing to me is more ridiculous than saying "I have some downtime...let's throw the football around!"

Cornbread Maxwell
11-01-2004, 06:18 PM
This might actually be a good photo-op for Bush supporters.

"John Kerry can be seen above, in his familiar role of Monday Morning Quarterbacking."

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 06:23 PM
the video of this is even funnier. His handlers should put a leash on him. At least he is having fun though.

nolanfan34
11-01-2004, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the video of this is even funnier. His handlers should put a leash on him. At least he is having fun though.

[/ QUOTE ]

The best ones are the photos of him catching the football, and I've seen at least three where his eyes are closed in the pic. Very funny stuff.

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 06:48 PM
he is having fun though. Kerry acts a lot younger than he is, maybe it has something to do with the new(er) wife and grown up kids, but he seems to enjoy himself, leave him alone! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

vulturesrow
11-01-2004, 11:37 PM
Lets not forget the game where Kerry threw out the first pitch and it was a one happer to home plate. Then he blamed it on the National Guardsman who was catching.

daryn
11-01-2004, 11:53 PM
that catcher was my buddy will.

Cyrus
11-01-2004, 11:58 PM
Masses are feminine and will succumb to the most virile of studs/leaders. TV imagery has enforced that archetype most viciously. Hence, the emphasis on athleticism. (You'd never elect Franklin Roosevelt or Abraham Lincoln in this TV age.)

Watch when a woman aspires for a leadership position: she either adapts to the male prototype of leadership (with all the standards) or her ability to command is immediately challenged.

That's the way it goes.

vulturesrow
11-01-2004, 11:59 PM
I heard that the original plan was for your buddy to throw out the first pitch but he got bumped in favor of Kerry? Know anything about that?