PDA

View Full Version : 565 WPF tourney at Foxwoods.

Goodie54
11-01-2004, 06:05 PM
Two limpers to me in early middle position. One of the limpers is a two plus two poster and a very solid player. I limp with 9 7 of clubs. Blinds are 50 75 and I have about 1300. Three more limpers, sb folds, BB checks. Flop is

10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to 2+2er who bets 350. He would probably do this with any ten that he would play and possibly a big diamond draw. I have 1225 behind. What's the play?

Results to follow.

Thanks

Peace
Goodie

adanthar
11-01-2004, 06:26 PM
I would have folded preflop and I'm folding this as fast as I can throw my cards away.

Which hands do you think a solid 2+2'er would limp behind one limper in early position that contain a ten? I can think of three, one of which counterfeits your draw, one of which counterfeits half of it and one of which has you drawing to 8 outs (AdTd). I can also think of one non-ten hand that has you drawing dead, a number that you are about tied with and exactly *one* that you beat right now. Oh, and most of these will call an all in.

But really, your mistake was limping behind this guy in the first place. I want more than a suited middle one gapper to make this play in EMP.

zaxx19
11-01-2004, 07:23 PM
iunno man if there were two clubs way way different story apparently he likes his hand and has kind of made a stand here instead of merely a stab... dont think you need to get involved personally...

one caveat:no way i smooth call here unless he has see you do this with a set too bust someone else bc if you do call he fires again on turn....

Tyler Durden
11-01-2004, 07:27 PM
You need to fold preflop. You can't play this hand with your stack size relative to the blinds.

zaxx19
11-01-2004, 07:32 PM
hey yu guys are right thats 1/17th(6%) yur stack out of postion

hand is highly speculative needs callers yu dont know if they are coming

hand is played much better in postion

why would yu play this?? im actually serious here just curious??

MVicuna
11-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Hi,

If the structure is as bad as it looks, I'd gamb00l it up as your going to be broke before you get a big hand as your losing 1/10th your stack every orbit. 97s isn't that bad, but your going to have to be prepared to go broke by taking the worst of it.

Which you have here. If you call here, you are pot commited and are staking your whole tournament on OESD where he most likely has redraws if you hit. So pushing is a must given your short stack and the size of the pot.

If he's solid, in EP he's most likely got 2 big suited broadways, ATs or a set. He could have a missed limp-reraise hand also.

Of the hands that will call all in, your probably 40/60 against the entire range, but some of them have you burried. How many hands does he make a pot sized bet with and then fold? Not enough to make it worth pushing so its a fold unless you want to gamb00l it up.

Later,
MarkV.

Boris
11-01-2004, 07:38 PM
Fold.

MVicuna
11-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Hi,

Given the structure and his stack size almost nothing is 'playable'. He should just be moving all in vs an open raiser or folding.

He's going to need to get some Gamb00l on if he has any hope of amasing a stack.

I dont have a point other then I agree with you, but there has to be a better way to play stack of his size other then waiting for cards.

Later,
MarkV.