PDA

View Full Version : protocal at 2+2

zaxx19
11-01-2004, 05:21 PM
seriously you guys need too loosen up about the forum it's a fun way to share info, advice, and stories from the felt.

Those persons who use the forum to berate members on their grammar, spelling or some other trangression of some imagined protocal really need too lighten up it's a online forum not a masters thesis on Napoleanic continental social conditions. JUST CHILLAX

Cleveland Guy
11-01-2004, 05:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seriously you guys need too loosen up about the forum it's a fun way to share info, advice, and stories from the felt.

. JUST CHILLAX

[/ QUOTE ]

Is CHILLAX A word? I couldn't find it in my dictionary anywhere?

jakethebake
11-01-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
JUST CHILLAX

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what this means? Is it similar to Chizill (which I saw used recently)? Oh and you misspelled "protocol".

Edge34
11-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Hey Cleveland,

The guy's trying to start a flame war with me, obviously, if you've read his other posts. I wouldn't worry too much about him.

Zaxx: If you have that big a problem with me calling you on your writing making your post hard to read...tough. It did. If you want to waste time arguing about it, fine, but if you don't understand how things work around here, you're not going to get anywhere. Its not about being anal, it was me trying to help you out and maybe get you on a better path to getting the full value out of this forum. A few posters, myself included, responded to your questions, but you latched yourself onto my statement regarding your spelling. Too bad you come off as some arrogant 15-year-old who just wants to fight.

-Edge

Edge34
11-01-2004, 05:30 PM
"Oh and you misspelled protocol"

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Now he's gonna have a LOT of people to call donkeys, not just me...

I have a feeling this thread will go away VERY quickly...hopefully about as quick as Zaxx, if he doesn't "chillax"...

zaxx19
11-01-2004, 05:33 PM
i was being ironical.........

jakethebake
11-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Yea. I wish I had looked at Zaxx' other posts before posting to this one. I would have ignored him to start with. I just got a headache trying to get through one. Correct grammar and spelling exist for a reason. They're there to help people communicate clearly. Some people are able to use incorrect grammar and spelling in forums and still communicate very efficiently (and yes maybe even more so). Some people just give others headaches with misspellings and incorrect grammar that are confusing. It gets even worse when they do it on purpose.

zaxx19
11-01-2004, 05:39 PM
must be a break at the disgruntled english teachers convention...............

AceKQJT
11-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Zaxx,

I've read most of your posts here, and I think you do have something to offer the group. The guys have been pretty hard on you (mainly because you call everyone a Donkey /images/graemlins/grin.gif).

You appear to be intelligent and have some pretty strong opinions when it comes to how a hand should be played. If you would focus on the topic at hand, and try to keep an open mind to what the others have to say, then I suppose we'll all benefit.

If everyone here agreed on how certain aspects of the game should be approached, there would be no reason for this site. So argue your points, just stop the personal attacks.

--Casey

zaxx19
11-01-2004, 05:41 PM
Wow Casey now thats a pleasant helpful and lucid post made in a most conciliatory tone. I just dont have anything sarcastic to say to that. You are not a donkey.

BradL
11-01-2004, 05:44 PM
n/m

Edge34
11-01-2004, 05:47 PM
So he responds to that, but not to my similar post earlier in this thread (which included a reference to coming off as a 15-year-old, but still...)

Man, people get worked up around here till they get their ass kissed satisfactorily...

Cleveland Guy
11-01-2004, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the tip. A new troll has been born.

jakethebake
11-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Maybe the 19 means 19 years old?

zaxx19
11-01-2004, 06:03 PM
Since you guys a rattling off SAT scores i'd say your not to far from 19 yourself....

And i suppose one man's ass kissing is another's class and respect....

oh i apologize for calling you a donkey...

But i do believe people who look for any reasoning in moving-in in a tournament(non rebuy) is a donkey that just my humble opinion. Also if you say it doesnt burn you when aj takes down your KK in a tourney i dont believe your being honest with yourself..i'm screaming donkey for 15 minutes personally

Edge34
11-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Zaxx,

The point is not that people just look for any reason to move in - especially among the community of posters here. And sure, it burns when AJ takes down KK, but that's not the point either.

The point of the hand is that you got in all your chips with the best of it and luck took over. You can't control that. Play the game for a while, post some hands, and you'll understand that. If you haven't already, pick up TPFAP...trust me, it'll help.

About the SAT scores: I'm 20, so you're right, I'm not that far off, but its all about how one carries themselves. I've been around this board for a year, not a lot of time, but enough to understand how it works and how to get help. You posted your "800 verbal" when I mentioned how your spelling and grammar made your post very difficult to read. When the whole "donkey" thing came out, well, lets just say you didn't help yourself there. You give respect, you earn respect. That's the way of the world.

This is basically a carbon copy of the PM I sent you. I'm all about helping newbies like yourself out, we've all been there. Just give other peoples' opinions some thought and respect, and you'll see just how much this place has to offer you. Consider this the olive branch extended, if you want it...I wish you the best on here.

Peace,
Edge

BradL
11-01-2004, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also if you say it doesnt burn you when aj takes down your KK in a tourney i dont believe your being honest with yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

The other day PP 50+5 MTT: First hand I'm delt AA and get allin against KTs. King hits on the flop and T hits on the river giving him two pair over my AA. Yes that is VERY frusterating, however, playing those opponents is the reason that in my last 6 MTT I have 5 cashes and 3 final tables.

The point I am trying to make is that while it is frusterating to lose to KT that calls you allin, more often than not, far more often than not, you win the hand and quietly double up at the expense of the inferior hand. The great thing about poker, the reason that you find so many bad players willing to donate thier money to the tournament prize pool with no real chance of ever getting it back, is that even though your KK is the best before the flop its not necessarily the best after the flop. It may be a 70% favorite over the hand your opponent holds but 30% of the time he is still going to win the showdown. Its that 30% that keeps him coming back and keeps him donating his money.

-Brad

zaxx19
11-01-2004, 07:05 PM
HEY CLEVELAND YUR PROUD OF BEING FROM CLEVELAND YIKES NUFF SAID(SHAKER HEIGHTS USED TO BE NICE)