PDA

View Full Version : Rakeback playing sit&gos

ThorGoT
11-01-2004, 05:18 PM
I'm curious to hear from people who are receiving a rakeback while playing sit&gos primarily or exclusively, and what their experience has been like. I had no idea such a thing existed when I signed up to party, but perhaps it would be worth giving empire a try for STTs . . . .

Bigwig
11-01-2004, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious to hear from people who are receiving a rakeback while playing sit&gos primarily or exclusively, and what their experience has been like. I had no idea such a thing existed when I signed up to party, but perhaps it would be worth giving empire a try for STTs . . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you do me a favor and tell me what they are?

adanthar
11-01-2004, 05:45 PM
A rakeback deal is just signing up under an affiliate to get back a percentage of your rake (you give him your numbers each month.) You can only do this when you sign up, so your Party account is likely ineligible but you could do it at Empire or PokerNow (the new PP skin.)

Personally, it's very worth it, especially if you multitable, but you won't get anywhere near what limit players get in return. 100 50+5's a month with a 25% deal gets you $125 back- not bad, but a limit player will make much more over the same amount of hands.

Get the deal anyway, however, especially now that PokerNow's up (yes, they do have an affiliate rakeback deal, though it's not public yet).

AleoMagus
11-01-2004, 07:31 PM
I personally have no affilliate return deals, so it is possible that I do not know what I am talking about.

From what I gather, the best way to get a rakeback these days is with a site like rakereturns. The poker sites know about these guys and actually allow their rake return deals as a part of their policy.

Other affiliate deals are essentially not allowed by the sites and as such, always something that could eventually wind up costing you. Also, normal affilliates need to keep signing up other players to keep reaping the rewards of affilliateship (I think. perhaps someone can confirm).

What this means is that with normal affilliates, you always run the risk of one day not getting paid anymore. With a site like rakereturns (which probably draws a lot more sign-ups than your brother's friend joe) will likely pay you your return forever.

The downside to all of this is that rakereturns only pays you between 5-22.5% back depending on your play volume. 22.5% is good, but you hav eto play a lot to get it.

The other downside is that according to Party's policy, you can not actually get a monetary rake return, you can only get gifts, so rakereturns doesn't give you money, it gives you gift certificates instead. These gift certificates can be used at a LOT of places so for many, it won't make much difference unless you were trying to build a bankroll with it.

As soon as I can get an affilliate deal through rakereturns at PokerNow, I will be doing all of my playing there. (Except for the usual other monthly bonuses I do.)

If anyone with more affilliate experience can comment on these thoughts, I'd be grateful.

Regards
Brad S