PDA

View Full Version : Not sure on this one

spydog
11-01-2004, 05:17 PM
No reads on MP as it is his first hand.

Button is weak-tight (18/5). His coldcalling PF had me scratching my head and when he raised the flop I was thinking I had kicker problems. Normally, I'm 3-betting this, but I was frozen by the button's play. Then, MP 3-bets and my head started spinning. After I called the 3-bet, what is my plan? Just call down? I was going to fold the turn, but decided to stay in when the button folded.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP posts a blind of $5. MP posts a blind of $5.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP (poster) calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (7.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (10.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.20 BB, between Hero and MP.</font>

I Play 2 Ski
11-01-2004, 05:25 PM
I call it down. your weak tight button baffles me on this one. MP may have anything, I call him down and make notes accordingly. What did he have?

Grisgra
11-01-2004, 06:34 PM
How was the button weak-tight? He could have had QJs or such, didn't necessarily buy Hero having an ace. But when MP 3-bet, he decided he was beat and decided to call one bet to see if he spiked a J or Q on the turn.

He didn't, and so he was gone. What am I missing?

spydog
11-01-2004, 06:40 PM
My poker tracker stats for the button showed 18%VPIP and 5%PFR over 120+ hands. So, for the purpose of this hand I was considering him weak-tight, which is why I was so confused by his play.

ALL1N
11-01-2004, 09:56 PM
You've got to reraise this on the flop. You say you're worried about kicker problems against the weak tight button. Who cares? If he's weak tight then reraising when behind to AQ etc is going to cost you one extra small bet, because he's not going to charge you. But you absolutely must charge MP to draw, because you are still ahead here a good deal.

Once MP call-3bets, calling him down is best. He could have QT, he could have a random Ace that he initially thought he'd disguise, or he could just be angry that you're raising his cut-off postup.

FunkDr
11-01-2004, 11:20 PM
I am a rookie here, but I my guess would be that MP flopped trips, I would have probably folded to the turn bet regardless of what the button did (Is that wrong?).

Grisgra
11-02-2004, 03:28 AM
Sorry, I need to read more carefully. I thought I Play 2 Ski was calling him weak-tight because of his play -- I didn't notice that you had him as weak-tight because of his PT stats.

Still, I think that his play would make sense if he had something like QJ.

spydog
11-02-2004, 04:06 AM
Welcome to the forum FunkDr. I see my lil' biiiatch is no longer a lurker.

Without a read on MP, I think I need to show this down HU. I'm getting 5 to 1 to call it down and I think my hand is good here enough times. Because he is a poster, he could have a wide variety of hands, including J8 or A8, of which I still have outs. He could also be getting frisky with just an Ace if he's a LAG. If the call is slightly negative EV, I still think I gain some good information on our villian.