PDA

View Full Version : Question about Party 15/30 (I know some SS vets still read/post here)

slogger
11-01-2004, 04:55 PM
I am currently grinding it out at Party/Empire 3/6 and 5/10 (full and 6-max), and I'm happy wiht my results (particularly on 3/6).

I have noticed that the 5/10 full-ring games are a little tougher than I would have expected. I have also read in these forums that the 15/30 is actually an easier game.

Is this really the case? I'm not about to make the jump at the moment (the bankroll is more than sufficient for 5/10, but I'd like to at least double it before spending any significant time at 15/30), but when people talk about the 15/30, are they saying that it's easy relative to other mid-high stakes games, or do they really mean that the Party 5/10 is tougher than the Party 15/30?

If so, should bankroll be my only concern here? How does the 15/30 differ from the 3/6? How does the 10/20 compare?

Thanks for all input/links to other discussions on this topic. Cheers!

slogger
11-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Bump. [now cross-posted in "Mid-High" forum, for those interested]

lil'
11-01-2004, 06:18 PM
15/30 is obviously harder than 5/10. Why would it be otherwise? I often see people post here looking for a quick and easy score in a game over their bankroll.

If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

If you have the bankroll, take a shot, otherwise, wait.

sfer
11-01-2004, 06:19 PM
Party 15/30 known to be a beatable, very LAGgro game with enormous swings. 5/10 is very beatable in my opinion but the games can be tough so table selection is important. I used my buddy list constantly to scout good 5/10 games. I, along with a lot of SSers it seems, are playing 3/6 and 5/10 and building a roll to get into 15/30. CDC has done it and is my personal lord and savior. And Asian. And has a hot sister. Have you met her?

MaxPower
11-01-2004, 06:35 PM
I don't think the 5/10 full games are as profitable as the 3/6 games.

I think the 15/30 is a more aggressive version of the 3/6 games. I've only played about 6,000 hands so far, so I am not the expert on 15/30.

The problem is getting used to the swings. Are you ready to lose 2000 dollars or more in a hour? You need to prepare yourself for this by either moving up through the limits or just playing with a portion of your bankroll and then moving down if you lose it.

The bottom line is this: If you cannot answer this question for yourself, then you are not ready for the game. If you take a shot at the game and cannot figure out whether you are a favorite, then you are not.

slogger
11-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the insight. Honestly, as I mentioned, I have no intention of trying to move up to any level until I have 400-500 BBs (this may be a lot, but it's where I feel comfortable). More curiosity than anything else.

slogger
11-01-2004, 07:02 PM
I have yet to meet Cool's sister, but I look forward to my opportunity (CDC: I'm married, no worries /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Thanks for the reply. By the way, where is it that you LAG NYC 2+2ers always seem to be slogging it out? NYPC? Galaxy? Would love to meet up sometime and give you guys some of my hard-earned roll.

slogger
11-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Good analysis. I appreciate it. Thanks!

Chris Daddy Cool
11-02-2004, 05:36 PM
I didn't see this thread until today,

I will say this though, from my experience the 5/10 tables (especially the 6-max tables) are ridiculously soft, but at times can be tough if you dont' pick good tables. 3/6 is always good.

As far as the 15/30 goes, I've logged in about 32k hands, and I am not really happy with my results, due mainly to a huge downswing that really crippled my winrate to about .5bb/100 less than i think it should be, but the game is definitely beatable. you just have to be able to handle some long wild swings.

i'd say most of our SSers here with proper bankroll should be able to beat the game for at least 1bb/100 off the bat.