PDA

View Full Version : Check up please

J LU
11-01-2004, 03:59 PM
I've been playing several years now (mostly B&M) but have recently been playing much more online. Very new to 2+2 and PokerTracker, but was hoping for some advise on how to best concentrate on inproving my play.

My PT stats are:
Total Hands = 729
VP$IP=32%
Total Aggression = 2.5 (minus PFR)
PFR = 8.23
W$WSF = 34.6

I've been playing mostly 1/2 ansd 2/4 on Empire. I know that I need to concentrate on hand selection, but am having a difficult time mucking suited connectors and pk pairs on passive preflop tables when there are already 2 limpers befor me and i can expect 4-5 total to see the flop. Even when there is a raise PF behind me, I can generally expect a large pot and several callers to the river. Is my thinking on this totally out of wack considerint that I think that I generally have better than average playing skills vs my compititon post5 flop? Also,I know that I'm also leaking $ with my SB and BB vs raise protection. Any good links of improving my blind protection.

I know that the sample statistics I'm using are somewhat limited but do beleive that they represent an accurate sample of my normal play.

How much do you feel that a book like SSH will help me? I've read TOP, HEP and HEPFAP by Slansky as well as Winners Guide to THE, Super Systems and Inside the POker Mind. Also a subscriber and thourogh reader of CardPlayer.

Thanks in advance for your generous feedback.

I Play 2 Ski
11-01-2004, 04:18 PM
I think you are a bit loose. Reading SSH will help your game tremendously.

Rudbaeck
11-01-2004, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My PT stats are:
Total Hands = 729
VP$IP=32%

I know that I need to concentrate on hand selection, but am having a difficult time mucking suited connectors and pk pairs on passive preflop tables when there are already 2 limpers befor me and i can expect 4-5 total to see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing what you say you do shouldn't give you a vpip much over 22-23. Hopefully the extra 10% are an artifact of the extremely low number of hands, rather than you meaning 85s when you say suited connectors.

J LU
11-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Hopefully your right. I am working on throwing the QJo in earlier positions. My last three tables my VP$IP are ranging 26-29. Need to work on my Blind play as well. To easy for me to call 86suited from SB for 1/2 bet.

I Play 2 Ski
11-01-2004, 05:02 PM
In the EP(UTG, UTG+1), you need to be playing only premium hands. Big Pairs, AKs, AK, AQs, KQs. You could start to limp in will small pocket pairs when you are confident with your post flop play.

Cleveland Guy
11-01-2004, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully your right. I am working on throwing the QJo in earlier positions. My last three tables my VP$IP are ranging 26-29. Need to work on my Blind play as well. To easy for me to call 86suited from SB for 1/2 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing wrong with calling 86s for half a bet in the SB.

What you need to be able to do is get away from it on a flop of 855, or J83, or even 843 when faced with agression.

86s in the SB is good for trips, flushes or straights.

Rudbaeck
11-01-2004, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The first is clearly a bad call, the second is clearly a good call. KQo is about the worst unsuited hand you can play in early position.

[ QUOTE ]
In the EP(UTG, UTG+1), you need to be playing only premium hands. Big Pairs, AKs, AK, AQs, KQs. You could start to limp in will small pocket pairs when you are confident with your post flop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is too tight. The OP needs to tighten up, but this is going way overboard.

I Play 2 Ski
11-01-2004, 05:47 PM
meant to type "ect.." after the KQs, meaning "You need to play only premium hands form EP", although if the player is just learning and he/she wont suffer much from playing super tight from UTG and UTG+1

J LU
11-01-2004, 05:48 PM
How about 75 off? I usually call when it looks like 4+ in pot w/o raise

drewjustdrew
11-01-2004, 07:46 PM
I would not play 75 off for a full bet unless on the button with close to a family pot for only one bet. From sb for half bet, I call with 2 or three limpers, or heads up with BB. Maybe even raise then.

josh1122
11-01-2004, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would not play 75 off for a full bet unless on the button with close to a family pot for only one bet. From sb for half bet, I call with 2 or three limpers, or heads up with BB. Maybe even raise then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope this is a joke. 75o is trash and should not be played at all.