PDA

View Full Version : 7CS / 8 - Was I out of line?

10-15-2001, 04:43 PM
I am playing 7CS/8 online.

The players are unknown as I just sat down.

I am the bring - in w/ 5c3c/2c.

9h calls, Ad calls and Kh raises. I call to keep everyone in - also b/c I had been catching a brutal string of bricks on 4th. Should I go ahead and pump here? One 7 and one 8 fold. No clubs out.

9h folds and we see 4th 3-handed.

Cards :

5c3c/2c4c - I catch perfect - open-ending steel wheel draw.

Ad6s

KhQd

A6 checks, KhQd bets, I raise, Ad6s calls, KhQd re-raises, adn I cap. Ad6s calls.

Cards:

5c3c/2c4cTs

Ad6sKc

KhQd7h

A6K checks, KQ7 bets, I raise, A6K call, KQ7 call.

Cards:

5c3c/2c4cTsJd

Ad6sKc9s

KhQd7h8c

A6K9 checks, KQ78 checks, I bet , A6K9 raises, KQ78 folds, I

call thinking A6K9 must have just made 2 pair or a low draw w/ a flush draw or he was trying to move KQ78 out of the pot.

I pair my 4 on the end and thinking I have no hand to show down bet. I was thinking he'd fold if he didn't make two pair or a low. He calls.

Any comments?

10-15-2001, 04:47 PM
I ended up spliting w/ the 8764A low that the A6K9 made - he did not have the flush draw - he was just trying to move the KQ78 out of the pot incase he hit 1 pair I think.

Should I have re-raised on third?

Should I have slowed down in the hand before 6th? or should I have continued to re-raise on 6th. By 6th, my hand is well defined as a low straight or flush draw. I would've like to see the A6K9 fold early, but he ended up winning me the high by knocking out the KQ78 letting my 4's hold up.

Thanks

10-15-2001, 06:56 PM
You obviously have the low draw and probably a high draw, its also obvious you have no pair. The other guy would be a fool to fold ANY pair when you bet out on the end. Betting out, then loses you a bet when he makes a bigger pair but would have checked it down.

On 6th you seem to have 30 cards that give you the practically the nuts for half the pot. You have another 16 that make you a pair that may win, but unlikely since it sure looks like he's got 2-pair. Your hand doesn't look THAT good anymore so I would 3-bet only of the K stayed in (giving you better odds on your money).

- Louie