PDA

View Full Version : Interesting place for a limp- Re-raise, what to do?

Cleveland Guy
11-01-2004, 02:52 PM
$6 Satalite to the $50 daily events at Pokerroom. Top spot wins a ticket, 2nd gets another shot.

This was a "freeroll" for me as I was using the last of my player points before the expired.

Level 3 - blinds at 25/50, still 8 people remaining.

I am on the button with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif

3 folds, MP limps, 1 Fold, CO Limps. I raise to 250. SB Folds (was away), BB Folds, MP Folds, CO Raises all in to 1300.

I have him covered, but only by about 300.

I raised sensing weakness around the table, and knowing only 1 person wa still yet to act thought I could steal.

Now a re-raise all in from an EP, I would auto - fold to, but what type of hand would a cut off limp with, and then re-raise all in? with only 2 players left to act, he couldn't ahve been counting on a raise from behind?

Finally, how does the fact that this is a satelite that really only plays first effect it? If I win this hand, I'm 1st in chip position, if I lose, I'm 8th.

MercTec
11-01-2004, 02:56 PM
Looks like 3 players left to act with only 1 limper in front. I can see how someone would want to limp to get 3 callers rather than heads up if he's holding AA, KK, AK, etc. I still think its an autofold. You're behind to alot of hands here.