PDA

View Full Version : Hey Batta Batta Swing Batta

phillydilly
11-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Pretty standard, Not quite sure if i like the cap back to me

Turn: (7.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Q puts me ahead of AK, so i'm happy with that, but then a huge wiff on the check raise, uh-oh

River: (7.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Pretty Standard I believe

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Final thoughts,
In general, does everyone look for the Check raise on the turn?

Is capping for a free card getting to be pretty common, i think i've seen it a few times?

nyc999
11-01-2004, 11:43 AM
I think he sensed the check-raise since you didn't slow down on the flop. I would have bet (although probably because I would have expected a raise from him anyway).

Piiop
11-01-2004, 11:58 AM
There's not any very good reason to try for the check-raise here. Since he capped the flop, he should still be raising. You should bet out hoping to 3-bet.

MarkL444
11-01-2004, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There's not any very good reason to try for the check-raise here. Since he capped the flop, he should still be raising. You should bet out hoping to 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this

HajiShirazu
11-01-2004, 12:47 PM
I admit I would probably go for the C/R on the turn and miss like you did.

brettbrettr
11-01-2004, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this

[/ QUOTE ]

Thirded.

WSOP Bound
11-01-2004, 01:07 PM
What am I missing here? Capping for a free card kills the entire purpose. It would cost half as much just to call the flop and turn. In addition to that if I was on a draw and looking for that free card there is no way that forcing the BB to call two cold. I want him to be along for the ride if I hit my hand.

I wouldn't go for the turn c/r, just keep firing. If you bet and he raises you he feels like the agressor and continues to feel good about his hand. If he bets and you check-raise your likely to scare of any additional action that you might get.

Heat
11-01-2004, 04:27 PM
I like the advice to bet out here. You almost certainly have the best hand, so if there had been less action on the flop maybe a check raise would have worked. CO is probably a typical party player that would cap with A6o here and get scared out of betting by the Q.