PDA

View Full Version : Turbos?

jakethebake
11-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Just wondering whether many of you SNG pros play turbos vs. standard 1-table SNGs? Seems like it would help your hourly rate, but probably turn the game into more of a crap shoot? Which does anyone prefer and why? Thanks.

Phill S
11-01-2004, 10:50 AM
covered, covered and covered some more.

you dont even need to do a search (although it will throw up lots of threads), just go back a few pages and you should find a thread or two on this subject that was started in the last week or so.

Phill

PrayingMantis
11-01-2004, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but probably turn the game into more of a crap shoot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing personal, but next time anybody suggests the turbos might be, or are, a crap shoot, I'm going to shoot myself in the head.

Actually, next time anybody suggests any SNG format is a crapshoot ($109 on party, or whatever), I'm going to do the same.

As long as there are players who can and actually PLAY WORSE THAN YOU DO, it's not a crapshoot, never was and never will be. If you are constantly one of the weakest players at the table - then yes, it's probably a crapshoot, or even worse than a crapshoot.

(Somebody willing to compare crapshooting and playing SNG as the worst player at the table? I wonder which is lower EV... /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Edit: OK, there could be situations where you are better than 1-2 players, and your ROI is still negative (if the others are hypothetically still much stronger than you). The point is - the diferences are normally not that huge, so being able to play better than some of your opponents, should be enough for at least a positive return.

mackthefork
11-01-2004, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nothing personal, but next time anybody suggests the turbos might be, or are, a crap shoot, I'm going to shoot myself in the head.

Actually, next time anybody suggests any SNG format is a crapshoot ($109 on party, or whatever), I'm going to do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do it, it's not worth it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PS Turbos are the best and not a crap shoot at all, in fact just the opposite.

Regards Mack

PrayingMantis
11-01-2004, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't do it, it's not worth it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, coming to think about it, I guess you're right.

But for a second I really felt like doing it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
11-01-2004, 11:40 AM
I wasn't suggesting it. I was just asking the question because others have suggested it.