PDA

View Full Version : 7cs - flush vs. poss. flush

10-08-2001, 03:53 PM
10/20 I call the bring-in w. high 3-flush (pair cards dead). On 4st I raise w. a 4-flush. Get called by I player i dont know w. a low 2-flush showing. Everybody else folds. On 5st I catch blank, he catches a third suited. I check, he bets, I call. On 6st i complete my flush by an ace, he catches 4th suited card. Both flushes are live. What do I do? 1) bet? 2)try for a check/raise?

all comments appreciated!

10-08-2001, 04:43 PM
As long as you are sure your opponent will bet if checked to, I would checkraise here. An important factor is whether or not your opponent's suit Ace was live or dead and what your second highest flush card is.

10-08-2001, 04:46 PM
Dear Lucas,

Bet. He'll call all the way. If you check, he might chech with

you,so you'll lose money. Better not to play fancy in this spot.

Sitting Bull

10-09-2001, 01:08 AM
I had Ad, Qd showing, he had four low flush cards.

10-09-2001, 02:59 PM
I think you have to bet. He should call twice. If you check, after catching your suited A, he should smell a rat. You did raise on 4th with a 4 flush and you said some of your pair cards were dead which should lead your opponent to beleive you are on a flush draw. Your opponent should check behind you if you check and he should fold to your check raise if he bets. You would only win a max of 1 bet by checking.

10-12-2001, 01:29 AM
Your play here is simple, you bet. Most players will raise w/a four flush on 4th street, and most players will then become passive on the later streets until they complete it (Like you checking on 5th street) or make something threatining on board and then hoping to win w/ a bet. So your opponent probably see's a made flush as a very possible hand when you caught the ace . Since your strength is somewhat exposed you have to bet. It may even turn out to be great for you if you bet and your opponent reads it as you having paired aces, and therefore raises w/his lower flush!!! In which case you would obviously reraise.