PDA

View Full Version : Great day in Florida college football

bernie
11-01-2004, 07:03 AM
Florida loses to Georgia!

Florida St loses to Maryland!!

Miami loses to North Carolina!!! (wish i taped this game to watch it over again. One of the most satisfying games i've watched since Oregon St kicked the hell out of ND in the Fiesta Bowl a couple years ago. Though watching KState beat Oklahoma in the Big XII championships last year was pretty nice.)

I was absolutely beaming going up to the cardbarn the other day. I may even get a shirt made with all 3 scores and the date on it.

And yes, i know the huskies suck. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

b

vulturesrow
11-01-2004, 08:11 AM
As a long time UF fan, GFY. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Legend27
11-01-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm a Florida fan too. Besides it's not a rivalry if the same team wins every year. The gators game wasn't even an upset though. I can't believe Miami lost to N.C.

vulturesrow
11-01-2004, 12:35 PM
Legend,

I dont know about you, but I am glad they finally axed Zook. Although I feel sorry for the guy in that he got placed in an essentially unwinnable situation, he isnt head coach material. Nice guy, pretty good assistant, not a head coach.

Legend27
11-01-2004, 02:44 PM
I totally agree.

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 02:48 PM
good post Bernie!

Florida sucks for everything!

bernie
11-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Miami loses to an unranked team. Regardless of how close, if anyone else loses, they drop a lot farther than just 5 spots in the polls. Whatta buncha crap.

b

Shilly
11-01-2004, 05:54 PM
This leaves a little bit of room for Wisconsin to move up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sincere
11-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Im really glad your happy. No really, whats the big deal? Do you hate Florida that bad? Do all your ex's live in Florida or something?

These 3 Florida teams play in the two toughest college football conferences and you have teams like USC, Wisconsin, and Utah who play nobody and schedule nobody and are undefeated, now thats a ripoff.

bernie
11-02-2004, 05:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im really glad your happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Im still beaming.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you hate Florida that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, yeah. I do. I think they are overrated year after year. The state of Florida happens to have 3 of my 5 hated teams in it. Though i will give a little more respect to Florida as they've played in a tougher conference than the other 2 for many years.

[ QUOTE ]
These 3 Florida teams play in the two toughest college football conferences

[/ QUOTE ]

This is debateable. Especially since this is the first year ACC is really a decent conference. The SEC doesn't look that scary right now. Auburn and Georgia. That's about it for this year. Before this year, the ACC (actuall, ill give ACC the last 3 years off) and the Big Easy were a joke. Limiting scholarships for teams has helped make the weenie conferences a little tougher.

Conferences go in cycles as far as who's tougher. They all can claim having ranked teams, etc... The big 12 is a good example of being on a down cycle. After a decent run last year. Pac 10 are on a downcycle from a couple years ago.

[ QUOTE ]
who play nobody and schedule nobody and are undefeated, now thats a ripoff

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny. This is what many said about Miami and Florida state for the last 15+ years.

Let's see, miami played Louie Tech and houston for their OOC games this year. Ill give em credit for Louisville. Other than that...not that tough.

Florida St plays the powerhouses UAB and syracuse. Florida i'll give even though they kind of suck this year.

Florida plays East michigan and Mid Tennessee st. That's some tough game there.

USC plays Col. st, BYU, ND and VTech. About the same as the other 3, i'd say. Seems they 'schedule' about the same.

The only team that really schedules tough OOC games lately is Fresno St.

b

Sincere
11-02-2004, 04:36 PM
I cant speak for miami in years past, but Florida State and Florida always play a top 10 toughest schedule year after year.

Tyler Durden
11-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Strong teams beat up on weaker teams that have no chance. This is how many "powerhouses" get like 7 wins each season. Then they play one or two competitive teams and if they beat them, they're off to the national championship race.

At least, that's how it's been for Virginia Tech the last 5 or 6 years. It's sad.

My alma mater has cracked the top ten for Division I-AA!