PDA

View Full Version : Another one I didn't like.

sin808
11-01-2004, 06:42 AM
Villain is same LA-A as my previous post. Comments on all streets appreciated, thanks.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

The open/fold from the SB was awesome /images/graemlins/smile.gif

River: (12.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.50 BB, between UTG and Hero.</font>

Piiop
11-01-2004, 07:26 AM
What didn't you like? Your line isn't bad.

You could wait for a safe card to come on the turn and raise. The problem with that is when a semi-scary card comes and the SB bets and the LAG raises. He could potentially be pushing you out of a pot when you have him beat.

You could cap the turn, since your opponent is a LAG. The board isn't too scary (no overcards, no flush), but there are straight and two-pair possibilities. I guess that depends on your opponent's level of LAGiness. Against some players, capping would be reckless, against others it would be fine. It all depends on your read of the player.

jrz1972
11-01-2004, 10:12 AM
If Villian is really LAG, I might cap the turn. Otherwise I would play this the same way.

SB gets an automatic buddy-listing.

PokerIsLife
11-01-2004, 10:22 AM
The only thing I'm not sure about is the value bet on the river. Although with a LAG, you're probably good enough times here.

sin808
11-01-2004, 06:48 PM
I wasn't sure what to think when he checked to me (last night was my top D- game). It seemed like he was trying to push me off the pot and then gave up. Or was maybe afraid of the flush. I figured I had about a 40% chance he'd fold if I bet, so I took a shot. I didn't like it either. Didn't work and he showed me J6o for the rivered two pair. Decided it was time to go and come back when I could actually concentrate on poker and pay attention to the table.

afk
11-01-2004, 07:09 PM
hey sin, I think you played this fine. And like others are saying, there's an argument for capping the turn. But overall I think you played it well.