PDA

View Full Version : First week playing poker in college.

Airpoaneman
11-01-2004, 05:17 AM
I havent played much poker since I started college so I put $75.00 into my account on tuesday and got it up to $800 in one day. I have been doing pretty good so far with my money management and now have just over 5,000 in my account.

I think I am moving up way to fast in limits, but also feel that I have thrown away any chance of moving back down because of the money the higher games offer. (I'll admit it, I'm American. I want to do as many tournaments in as little time as possible.) Right now I am at 200/15 and am not sure if I should be playing there. I make a lot of really stupid mistakes which I am working on, yet I am still able to increase my bankroll.

Since I am a poor college student, does anyone have any reccomendations on what I should do. I really would like to become a regular at the 200/15 SNG tables.

I am at the 3/6 limit tables right now just as a casual player once in a while. I really enjoy these games but am still not very good.

I need to get Poker Tracker, really really bad.

What should I do, I know I am not nearly as good as I could be, which I have to work on, but I still think I can beat the limit I am at.

Any recommendations would be very helpful?

lorinda
11-01-2004, 05:22 AM
If you are not sure you should be playing there, you shouldn't.

Not neccessarily because you are not good enough, but because if you have any doubts, a run losing $1200 or even $2000 is going to destroy you psychologically.

Edit: FWIW I'd want nearly 10k before playing those.

Lori

captZEEbo1
11-01-2004, 11:55 AM
you made 5k in a week? That's really good! How long have you been playing (before college)? If you just made 5k in a week, you can afford 50 bucks for PT.

SmileyEH
11-01-2004, 02:08 PM
If you are asking these type of questions I am 99% sure you are on a incredible hot streak. I would not be surprised if you busted within a couple weeks playing $200's.

-SmileyEH