PDA

View Full Version : 2 folds and a crying call

ProfLupin
11-01-2004, 03:40 AM
I'm taking the leap from 5/10 to 10/20, and so far it has gone very well. It's always nice for the cards to run well just as you move up. So far the tables seem to be very loose and very aggressive with some nice big pots to be won. Anyways, I haven't posted in a while, so here's three hands for you guys to yell at me about and help keep my game sharp. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9.20 BB, won by BB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to BB.</font>

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 4.70 BB, won by Button.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Button.</font>

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, MP calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.50 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>

comments please!

joker122
11-01-2004, 03:51 AM
1 - i like the turn bet. this is a bluff raise i've yet to see in this game.

2 - standard.

3 - I don't like checkraising here at all. you've got a vulnerable hand and if the bet comes from EP you're going to tie everyone and thier overcards to the pot. The turn bet is a little to much, as well. After he caps the flop I'd just go into call down mode.

ProfLupin
11-01-2004, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the reply. Hand 3 gave me fits. Do I lead out on the flop and hope someone else raises? I really didn't want to lead out and get all calls behind me. I think I led out again on the turn because it wasn't a spade. What do you put my opponent on here?

joker122
11-01-2004, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you put my opponent on here?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I think about it now, a turn bet might be correct. The only hands I can think of are 66, 22, and KsTs-9sTs. 66 and 22 are quite unlikely, and KsTs-9sTs are very likely. I don't think betting the turn is that bad at all actually.

jrobb83
11-01-2004, 04:29 AM
In hand 3, what do you think about check-raising the turn and folding to a 3-bet?

ProfLupin
11-01-2004, 04:36 AM
I also thought that he could have been going a little overboard w/ A /images/graemlins/spade.gifX /images/graemlins/spade.gif, the table was a bit on the wild side.

joker122
11-01-2004, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In hand 3, what do you think about check-raising the turn and folding to a 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. By the turn the pot has gotten semi big and this game has so many nuts in it...I am very apprehensive to fold TPTK here.

Plus, even if you had a read that the opponent was sane which would maybe make this line possible you'll still be checkraising with the worst hand a majority of the time given the flop action.

doodle2
11-01-2004, 11:58 AM
1. Would checking the turn &amp; calling the river be a better play here? From my experience, the BB would bet just about anything on the river and if he EVER checkraise bluffs the turn, betting seems catastrophic if youre going to fold to a raise.

2. no probems here

3. i like the way you played this hand. the only thing i might have done differently is reraise the turn. The 2 is a great card for you and he might still be pushing a ten with a flush draw. if you have a read on the player and have some idea what he wouldve limped with that should help you choose between a call and a reraise.

ProfLupin
11-02-2004, 02:37 AM
CO had T /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for the flopped two pair. /images/graemlins/mad.gif