PDA

View Full Version : Kerry will win on tuesday

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 02:25 AM
I just sense it, no other reason than that.

sorry pundits /images/graemlins/cool.gif

rgreenm90
11-01-2004, 02:28 AM
Its inevitable. inevit-inevitable. inevitable. INEVITABLE

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Bush rill re ronrey on ruesray

wacki
11-01-2004, 02:46 AM
It's a definite possibility, and I fear you may be right. I just hope Kerry becomes a alot more predictable and stable, or we are screwed.

God help us, because we really really need it.

slickpoppa
11-01-2004, 02:49 AM
Uh-oh, Wacki is admitting a possible defeat?

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 02:50 AM
Don't fear it, I think both men are def capable of running the country, they both will just do it differently. Both have positives and negatives, and IMO neither one has more positives then the other.

I think it is going to be Kerry winning by 5%. I could very easily be wrong though /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pokerkai
11-01-2004, 03:48 AM
Us canadians are hoping for kerry!

jslag
11-01-2004, 06:16 AM
I have had a very strong feeling that Kerry will win it as well. And of course, I hope that he does. I cannot even begin to try and fathom another four years of Bush.

I think the polls do understate the support Kerry has with young voters and undecided voters. Both of those groups are expected to have a heavier turnout this year. I know several of my friends back in the midwest who were very conservative/Republican voters, but have told me they are supporting Kerry.

I hope that it's "not even close" as 2+2ers like to say, that way no amount of corruption can allow someone to steal the election.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-01-2004, 06:53 AM
This from the guy who was so certain the Red Sox had no chance.

Be afraid, Democrats. Be very afraid. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

wacki
11-01-2004, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't fear it, I think both men are def capable of running the country, they both will just do it differently. Both have positives and negatives, and IMO neither one has more positives then the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not afraid of his economic policy. It's his history on human rights and his views, and his advisors views, on foreign politcs that has me really worried. Kerry is such a wild card, who knows what will happen. Then man will say anything to get votes, so his "views" may not even be his views. Either way, I'm still worried.

Bipartisan politics suck.

W00lygimp
11-01-2004, 10:39 AM
Bush is actually a little bittle up in all of the polls.

meow_meow
11-01-2004, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not afraid of his economic policy. It's his history on human rights and his views, and his advisors views, on foreign politcs that has me really worried. Kerry is such a wild card, who knows what will happen. Then man will say anything to get votes, so his "views" may not even be his views. Either way, I'm still worried.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are wacki.
I think the rest of the world would agree that Bush has been, in terms of his foreign policy, the worst president ever.
While Bush is about going it alone and rushing to war, Kerry is about concensus building and stability. The world is a much more dangerous place than it was 4 years ago, thanks in large measure to the current administration.
Oh well, just my two cents. (now worth 1.6 cents US)

wacki
11-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Maybe you should listen to what Kerry had to say in 1998 and before Howard Dean entered the picture.

www.kerryoniraq.com (http://www.kerryoniraq.com)

BTW I disagree about the world being a more dangerous place.

Count the number of terrorist international terrorist attacks per year before 9/11 and after 9/11. It's a big difference. I posted the stats on a previous thread. Bush has tons of flaws, but going into Iraq is not one of them. The economist, Blair, the Aussies, .... and many more agree on that. The way he sold the war is a different matter.

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This from the guy who was so certain the Red Sox had no chance.

Be afraid, Democrats. Be very afraid. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]This statement is somewhat innacurate. /images/graemlins/cool.gif I was rooting for the Yankees, and being very annoying about it, but I was not at all surprised Boston won the WS. I am surprised them came back and beat NY, but I honestly thought there were going to win before the series started.

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 11:44 AM
I think you maybe have read to many things from right wing think tanks. Both men have faults, but I don't think either one is more egregious, per se, I just think Kerry is better suited(or at least more attractive to voters) on domestic policies. I feel pretty confident that some of the reforms Bush made to the CIA, FBI, and with the Homeland Sec. department, and especially with the recommendations of the 9/11 commision, that it doesn't really matter who is president, I feel safer at home already.

wacki
11-01-2004, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you maybe have read to many things from right wing think tanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Salt, your comment insults my intelligence. I think I am capable of comming to my own conclusions and not be spoon fed information. I also think I am able to detect and see through the vast majority of spin.

Articles I've read are not what scares me about Kerry. It's videos of Kerry talking and and his voting record that scares me. His testimony before congress scares me. His vote against the first gulf war makes me very uneasy. His voting history against intelligence and weapons systems combined with what he says scares me. The ease at which he will say whatever will "look" best makes me uneasy. The massive corruption that runs through the UN and Kerry's continuing fondness of the UN scares me. His urge to appease countries like France that sold Roland missiles to Iraq while we had troops on the border scares me. Kerry's asset siezure laws and effort to push the encryption laws scares me. I could go on and on and on......

Bush has tons of flaws as well. Bush's attitude towards the freedom of information act and scares me. His attitude toward federal funding of blastocyst stem cell lines, healthy forest initiative, his massive increases in domestic spending, inability to communicate all make me uneasy. Correction, his spending makes me very uneasy.

Both men have massive flaws. But one thing I am very certain of is that Bush is headed in the right direction in foreign politics. His implementation is sometimes off, but he is going in the right direction. I am very glad to see that the economist atleast agrees with me on that. I am not sure that Kerry will take us in the right direction when it comes to foreign politics. His voting history and words tell me no. He might suprise me, but I don't like the odds. I don't think people realize how important Iraq is and how much it will not only change the stability in the middle east for generations to come but will affect our safety as well.

Both presidents have massive flaws, I just think Bush's flaws aren't in the aren't as drastic as Kerry's in the issues that are most important today.

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No Salt, your comment insults my intelligence. I think I am capable of comming to my own conclusions and not be spoon fed information.

[/ QUOTE ] My apologies.

[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure that Kerry will take us in the right direction when it comes to foreign politics

[/ QUOTE ] To be honest with you, I really think he will take a route similar to Bush, but with an attempt at more international involvement. Kerry changed his "view" once he say how valuable being anti-war was in the primaries. His is an opportunist, but so are all good politicians. Don't worry to much on tuesday when he gets elected /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

ACPlayer
11-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Kind of like I sensed the other day that calling a triple raise with AQ off suit was the right play> /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

wacki
11-01-2004, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No Salt, your comment insults my intelligence. I think I am capable of comming to my own conclusions and not be spoon fed information.

[/ QUOTE ] My apologies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apology accepted.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am not sure that Kerry will take us in the right direction when it comes to foreign politics

[/ QUOTE ] To be honest with you, I really think he will take a route similar to Bush, but with an attempt at more international involvement. Kerry changed his "view" once he say how valuable being anti-war was in the primaries. His is an opportunist, but so are all good politicians. Don't worry to much on tuesday when he gets elected /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have had this thought, and I think there is a chance that Kerry might do well in the foreign politics sector. When looking back at his actions over the last 20 years, I have doubts, and I think that chance is an underdog. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I just hope all those actions were opportunist actions as well. But you're right, I will try not to worry.

If he does get elected, atleast blastocyst stem cells will get federal funding. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mmbt0ne
11-01-2004, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bush rill re ronrey on ruesray

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you changing your avatar to Scooby-Doo?

http://www.igrograd.com.ua/images/sccoobydoo/SCOOBI_12.jpg

Ruh-Roh.

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 02:06 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When looking back at his actions over the last 20 years, I have doubts, and I think that chance is an underdog. I just hope all those actions were opportunist actions as well.

[/ QUOTE ] To be honest with you, being an opportunist in foreign policy is key, the president, and the state department have to always be looking for angles to exploit(I would at least). Kerry is far stronger a man then people give him credit for. He doesn't blindly dive into things, and he isn't afraid to change his stance if facts come up later. I think his post vietnam actions were admirable, but I can see how they may have angered people. I just think that if someone had seen anything like what Kerry described in Vietnam(and a lot of the stuff he described did happen in Vietnam) and didn't say something they would be letting down the entire country. I think it was said in Boondock Saints, but something to the effect that the apathy of good men is worse than the evil of bad men, and I believe that to the fullest.

Victor
11-01-2004, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's his history on human rights and his views, and his advisors views, on foreign politcs that has me really worried

[/ QUOTE ]

You are familiar with the views of Bush's administration in terms of foreign policy? If not, look into the prior employment and the published doctrines of Cheney, Perle, Wolfowitz, and Rumsfeld.

If you agree with there views then we clearly have ideological differences but their plan has been clearly and publicly outlined.

tolbiny
11-01-2004, 03:49 PM
You thought that the Red Sox were going to win the ALCS, but then changed your mind when they went down 3-0?
FLIP FLOPPER!!!!!!!!
Anyway Salt, have you decided who you will cast your vote for? I get the feeling its libertarian..... with Kerry in second

tolbiny
11-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Haven't you realized how many amercians will vote for Bush just to spite you yet? Go with the reverse Psycology (i apologise if you actually want bush and are already using it on me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 04:37 PM
before the series started I thought they were going to beat NY.

I think I am voting for Kerry.

Cornbread Maxwell
11-01-2004, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a definite possibility, and I fear you may be right. I just hope Kerry becomes a alot more predictable and stable, or we are screwed.

God help us, because we really really need it.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, it's better to be an 'unpredictable' firecracker than a 'stable' nuclear bomb.

Raiser
11-01-2004, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion, it's better to be an 'unpredictable' firecracker than a 'stable' nuclear bomb.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best thing I've read all day. Nice work Cornbread.

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 05:03 PM
I agree, I liked it as well.

anatta
11-01-2004, 06:49 PM
I feel the same way about this race as I did about the Lakers v. Pistons.

Everybody said Lakers would kill them. The Pistons won in Five. I hate the Lakers and don't usually bet on games that I am emotionally attached too, but I knew Pistons would win after game 1 so I bet on them to win the series and bet every game.

If you take Kerry now at +118, you will get the best of it. I know that for a fact. Kerry is 55% gonna win in my book, but I love the guy so what do I know??

anatta
11-01-2004, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bush is actually a little bittle up in all of the polls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey gimp, perhaps you've heard of a little something called Fox News? Their poll has Kerry up 2. He is only up five in Florida so maybe if the brownshits start rounding folks up now, you can salvage that one.

Bush was up by five in that poll last week. Oh my, a seven point decline. Rasmussen has it tied. Rasmussen had Bush up in 2000 by nine on the eve. Bush only lost that one by half a million.

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Gallup has it tied, 49% to 49%, which bodes well for Kerry as its more likely the undecideds swing his way.

vulturesrow
11-01-2004, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gallup has it tied, 49% to 49%, which bodes well for Kerry as its more likely the undecideds swing his way.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has not been true in the last several election cycles. (undecideds swinging towards the challenger)

CORed
11-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Suppose Kerry wins. Suppose he gets the U.S. to join the International Court of Justice (I actually don't know if he supports this, and it's unlikely that the Senate would ratify it -- 2/3 of Senate is needed to ratify a treaty). But hypothetically, Bush could end up with Slobodan Milosevich as a cell mate. Maybe even Saddam Hussein, too.

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 09:43 PM
this would never happen, so don't worry.

Nicholasp27
11-01-2004, 09:45 PM
lol@bush and saddam sharing a cell together, tho

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 09:53 PM
as funny as that may be, the mere idea of our troops being prosecuted by a multinational court is outrageous to me.

Nicholasp27
11-01-2004, 09:54 PM
oh i wouldn't want bush in jail with saddam

just a funny picture in the head

ThaSaltCracka
11-01-2004, 09:56 PM
lol, yes that picture would indeed be funny.

Nepa
11-01-2004, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you don't like balanced budgets?