PDA

View Full Version : Big blind hand

Jeff P
10-31-2004, 11:11 PM
I would like comments on the bet on the flop (good/bad?) and then the river (should I have bet out on the river?). In hindsight, I feel like checking the river was weak. I have gotten several hands like this in the recent games, where I hit the flop like this with either two pair with a pair on board, or trips but I have a weak kicker.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

jakeduke
11-01-2004, 12:34 AM
personally, i don't think the flop bet is bad (but wiser posters could prove me quite wrong). however, i'm almost positive that betting the river is the right move. CO never showed aggression, so keep betting. don't stop until he gives you a reason to.