PDA

View Full Version : getting the maximum from my nemesis.

09-24-2001, 08:37 PM
It's a 7stud game. One young russian lady has been making every dang hand she plays practically. And she plays a lot of them. She is very aggressive. Always bets an ace. Any pair even against

scary boards. On more then one occasian I knew she was on a flush draw and would pound her back on 3rd st, 4th st when she missed, 5th st when she missed, and of course she still managed to get there both times! ARGH>>>>My nemesis. So here comes a hand that puts her on tilt. Major nose bleeding tilt. The golden horseshoe has fallen out of her ass tilt.

I limp along with 5 others with (4c8c)8h

She has xxKc

4th st I catch an 8 for trips and high board. She catches a 7c

all other hands mean nothing from here so no need to mention.

I bet out get 2 callers and she raises. I 3 bet and she caps we go 3 ways.

5th st I catch a 4 for the house. She catches the Ac.

I'm thinking PERFECT! I check as does the other and she bets. I check-raise, middle guy mucks, she 3 bets, I flat call expecting to do it again.

6th st I catch an A she catches another club.

I literally wave off and give a no-no I'm not gonna bet motion of my head. She bets, I raise, she 3 bets, I flat call again expecting to do it again on 7th st.

7th st I check and tell her to go ahead. She bets, I check raise she 3 bets, I 4 bet, she finally calls and looks worried.

I show her my house and she goes on telling me nice river catch. I'd say I got the max from her. But more importantly she

opened up and blew back 5 racks. She was still ahead 2 racks.

After that particular down for the dealer, I was out having a smoke and he comes up and tells me she's been catchin for a month and I just made her bleed. I had never played with her before. I'm known for being pretty friggin tight. She was just kickin my ass. And let me tell you I was almost on tilt myself.

I finally got ahead in this game thanks to her. But I sure didnt like being there with her running like that.

How do you play an overly aggressive player like this? I think I laid down too often in fact. But mostly because I felt I was beat and got out early. I have no problem with that. Get on to a better hand. But it seemed like maybe I was too weak-tight maybe?

09-25-2001, 06:52 PM
Dear Player,

If there is a loose-aggressive player or maniac in the game,

position yourself as close as possible to the left of this player. If there is only one overcard to a medium pair that you have on 3Rd. St., raise or re-raise the player and try to reduce the field. If there are two or more over cards to your pair, fold. If more than two other players are calling the maniac's raise, fold all semi-dead cards--even A's. If you act before the loose-aggressive player, play only big 3-straight with two big live cards and only big three flushes with one big live card.

Do not play small and medium kickers unless all your cards all live with at least a live "K".

Sitting Bull