PDA

View Full Version : Vijay

andyfox
10-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Nine wins this year, joining Byron Nelson, Ben Hogan, Sam Snead, Paul Runyan and Tiger Woods as the only players with at least nine wins in a year. Pretty impressive stuff.

shawn_p
11-01-2004, 12:55 AM
Vijay is the man without question. Simply amazing what the PGA Tour has become in the last eight years. Ten years ago more than four wins was an incredible year. I predict Singh can sustain his world beating level of play for at least three more years if not more. He's got all the game of the young guys on tour and hits it as far as anybody.

JTG51
11-01-2004, 03:30 AM
Yup, Vijay's year has been nothing short of amazing. Of course it's not as good as Tiger's '00 since Vijay 'only' won one major this year, but it's still got ot be the second best year in recent memory. Winning the Tour Championship next week would really be something.

Here's an interesting question. Is Vijay as much better than everyone else right now as Tiger was in '00? Not quite, in my opinion.

pokerkai
11-01-2004, 03:41 AM
Tiger was untouchable at his peak. And the gap was much wider between him and the field.

Vijay is the best golfer at the moment, but he doesnt have the same awe and mystique that tiger had.

andyfox
11-01-2004, 01:13 PM
"Is Vijay as much better than everyone else right now as Tiger was in '00?"

I think not as well. Tiger was winning tournaments by tons of strokes. Not sure if it was in '00, but the U.S. Open at Pebble comes to mind.

Though maybe our thoughts about it are colored by Vijay's relative lack of charisma compared to Tiger. Sort of like when Jack started beating Arnie. People were hesitant to grant Jack entrance into the pantheon of greatness because he was colorless and workmanlike, as opposed to the flamboyant style of Arnie.

Maybe this is the same thing. But maybe not. I think it wil be tough for Vijay to sustain since he's over forty years old.

Six_of_One
11-01-2004, 02:00 PM
I hate Vijay. I don't know why. Can you tell me why? There must be a reason, but I can't figure it out. I've hated him for years, since he was just another very good golfer, and not the dominant force he is today.

I don't know why I hate him. He never did anything to offend me. I just hate him. Did I mention I don't know why? But I really hate him. Like, really bad.