PDA

View Full Version : Stars 500 hand

Paul2432
10-31-2004, 06:03 PM
This hand occurred in the Pokerstars $500 tournament. All stacks around $2500. Blinds are 10/20. CO limps, I raise to 80 with JJ, SB folds, BB calls and CO folds.

Flop comes 4h 6d Qd. BB checks, I bet 120, BB calls. Turn is the Qh. BB checks. I check. River is the 9d. BB bets 260. I fold.

Comments appreciated.

Paul

Rakkad
10-31-2004, 06:11 PM
I would probably go ahead and bet the turn, and fold if I was CR'd.

He could be betting his flush on the river, or because you showed weakness on the turn when the board paired. The way you played it, I may call the river.

shaniac
10-31-2004, 06:59 PM
I'd probably bet around 150-200 on the flop.

As far as the turn and river: I'ld probably bet 200-250 at the pot on the turn and if he calls and checks the river, then probably check behind.

After you checked the turn though I think you have to call the bet on the river. You are getting decent odds to call and you will be ahead quite often to bettors who put you on a missed AK or something and are betting out a lower pair or bluffing with their own missed-Broadway cards. Of course, you will be up against trip Qs some of the time too but all things considered I think the price is right to keep him honest.

Shane

Edit: I missed the flush possibility on the river, but I still thinks it's a call given the turn check. And the fact that the flop contained a flush draw is all the more reason to fire a bullet on the turn.

10-31-2004, 07:03 PM
very well said shaniac. Depending on who I'm against in these situations I'll sometimes bet the turn, sometimes not, but I'm almost always calling a small bet on the river. My hand is good here way too often to fold.

Gavin Griffin