PDA

View Full Version : Flopped set, lots of action, am I missing bets?

obijuan
10-31-2004, 05:39 PM
This is my first HH I'm posting, which is probably obvious to most people who care to look at my post count. I'm relatively new to poker, and very new to SH play (under 2k hands). I'm pretty sure this isn't a typical 6max hand what with the multiway action. I'm confident my hand is good unless I'm losing to another set, but left feeling I could have won some more bets somewhere. Any suggestions or analysis would be much appreciated.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP posts a blind of $1.
Hero calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">MP (poster) raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Probably should have raised the flop. Thought about it, then said to myself, "I'll just wait until the turn to pop them with the raise."

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

I called the two cold because I wanted UTG along for the ride and thought a reraise might knock him out. I don't really like my line here, but here's the reasoning: calling two cold probably keeps UTG in for an extra BB from him, which is an extra BB (or two) I lose from MP depending on whether he calls or reraises. So my net on the turn for calling 2 cold is 0 or -1. I think (hope) I can make that up on the river. Still not sure at all about the coldcall.

River: (11.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

spydog
10-31-2004, 06:17 PM
I think the hand history is messed up as the preflop action doesn't make sense. Try reposting.

It looks like you coldcalled 66 preflop. This is a mistake. Generally, if you can't 3-bet, then fold. I'm usually only 3-betting PP of 88+.

I don't mind waiting until the turn to raise this, but you waited until the turn and then didn't raise! 3-bet this and hope it gets capped. Don't get tricky. UTG will stick around with a flush draw, straight draw, Ace, or 2-pair here and I don't see him betting anything else.

River play is fine.

W00lygimp
10-31-2004, 07:20 PM
Horrible Play, What are you trying to do-- Give everyone their diamond flush?