PDA

View Full Version : Some hands that gave me problems - HAND #3

Gomez22
10-31-2004, 03:42 PM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Gomez22 is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Gomez22 calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Gomez22 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

OK - Backdoor straight AND flush draws with 2 overcards... worth a call of 1 SB in this pot, I think....

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Gomez22 folds, MP3 folds, SB folds.

When the ace hit on the turn, I was thinking that it was time for a raise here, but BB beat me to it..... fold it is, then

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.50 BB, won by BB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to BB.</font>

The fold on the turn bothered me more then than it does now..... somehow I think it's a good laydown... thoughts?

fairness
10-31-2004, 03:56 PM
entity, you wanna take this one ?

TheHip41
10-31-2004, 04:00 PM
If you are gonna fold when you hit one of your non heart aces, then fold the flop bet.

PokerIsLife
10-31-2004, 04:05 PM
preflop is fine, unassuming that the table is passive preflop.

flop, you really should fold on this. The only thing that you really have is your back door flush. Two of your overcards are not clean (A and 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif). The other 9's puts 3 to a straight on the board. A's aren't that great since you could be out kicked or someone already is holding A4, A6, or A8.

Turn, I think if you had more time to think about it on the flop you would of folded, since you caught one of the overcards that you wanted to, but still felt that it was a marginal holding that you have. The turn fold was good, but it should of been folded on the flop.

Gomez22
10-31-2004, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are gonna fold when you hit one of your non heart aces, then fold the flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see that it was raised to me ont he turn? I was going to raise in this case, but BB beat me to it.

I wasn't going to fold the turn if one of my overcards hit, but when it's 2 bets to me, I have to fold...

TheHip41
10-31-2004, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see that it was raised to me ont he turn? I was going to raise in this case, but BB beat me to it.

I wasn't going to fold the turn if one of my overcards hit, but when it's 2 bets to me, I have to fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you aren't going to play when you hit one of your clean outs on the turn, then fold the flop.

Quercus
10-31-2004, 04:17 PM
If you are going to call the flop, you should raise it. Buy the button, clean up your outs, perhaps win a free card on the turn.

PokerIsLife
10-31-2004, 04:25 PM
Read Hip41'a response.