PDA

View Full Version : Some hands that gave me problems this morning - HAND #1

Gomez22
10-31-2004, 03:30 PM
I played a short 3-table session at Stars this morning (only 331 hands). and wanted to post some of these hands with my thoughts as some of them confused me a little.....

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Gomez22 is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Gomez22 calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

No questions about the limp here...

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Gomez22 calls, SB folds, BB folds.

OK - I flop TP with good kicker on a draw heavy board against 6 players, but at least I have position. I figure a bet to my right, and I raise to protect, otherwise I wait and see what the turn brings

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Gomez22 folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Not what I wanted to see... add to that the fact that a bet comes from a different player, and I think my time here is done.....

River: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between UTG+1 and MP2.</font>

I guess my main thoughts here are about my flop play... pretty much an unprotectable hand, right???

ig0r
10-31-2004, 03:41 PM
Why didn't you raise the flop?

Entity
10-31-2004, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
To steal a line from Tosh recently:

I raise the flop because...

...finish that sentence.

Rob

Gomez22
10-31-2004, 03:45 PM
What exactly is raising in this situation (after an EP player bets and 3 players call) going to do for me, except put more money in a pot when I have a vulnerable hand ?

TheHip41
10-31-2004, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No questions about the limp here...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a terrible limp. Easy preflop fold.

[ QUOTE ]
I guess my main thoughts here are about my flop play... pretty much an unprotectable hand, right???

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why you ditch KTo. You win tiny pots, and lose the bigger ones.

Anyhow, once you are in the hand, raise the flop.

Gomez22
10-31-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a terrible limp. Easy preflop fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess... getting 5.5-1, you'd only play aces or kings from the CO?..... What basis do you have to say this is a terrible limp? At least 2 players in this hand go too far with their hands and my implied odds are huge in this case..... plus, I have position on the rest of the field.

Read a whole hand and think about the situation presented before you make an assumption that any play is a terrible one....

PokerIsLife
10-31-2004, 04:23 PM
You have to raise the flop, anyone with an unpair overcard will probably think twice before calling this one. Granted you're probably not going to get the 3 callers in before to fold, but you can probably eliminate the blinds from the hand, in case they are holding a A, Q, or J but didn't catch the board. Works as a free card play too in case you don't like the turn card.

Quercus
10-31-2004, 04:29 PM
KTo doesn't do well multiway. Dump and run preflop. (Your life wouldn't be incomplete if you never played KTo.)

If you must play it, why would you play it passively? You have top pair and a good kicker. Were you hoping for AQJ rainbow? Raise the pot. It will make a bigger pot for you to win.