PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Barry!

JoeU
10-31-2004, 01:52 PM
I'd like to inform everyone that our very own Barry finished 7th in the $500 Limit Hold'em event at Foxwoods Saturday night, finishing at the final table in an event with 500 participants!

I hope he jumps in and gives an accurate account of his final hand. I don't remember all the details, but it ended up being a bad beat. His opponent hit running 8's for a full house against his nut straight. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Barry did manage to come home with a $9000 payday for his efforts.

Congrats Barry and good luck to all the 2+2ers at Foxwoods during the WPF.

Joe

Gamblor
10-31-2004, 02:18 PM
What a pic.

The Carolina Hurricanes are a sham.

BottlesOf
10-31-2004, 02:42 PM
Hey Barry, great to hear about your success. Good things happen to good players. Hope to see all the FW crew very soon.

Best,

Chris

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-31-2004, 03:29 PM
Were you there? I must've missed you. I was worn out after a day of Act IIs and went home when there were about 35 left left and Barry had a bigger than average stack.

Good to hear about his win.

MaxPower
10-31-2004, 05:23 PM
Way to go Barry. Congrats.

JoeU
10-31-2004, 06:49 PM
I was there last night until about 1:00am. I was playing in the 4-8 (God I love that game!).

We really must have just missed eachother because I walked out of the ballroom when they got down to 40 players.

Joe

JoeU
10-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Thank you.

I found the pic on a Hartford Whalers website and thought I should use it.

The people in Hartford have confirmed that he is Satan! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

sublime
10-31-2004, 07:37 PM
Congards to Barry for good job and outstanding showing.

I can say with confidence that the man is a class act and I am sure he bowed out gracefully.

See you guys down there soon.

Kurn, son of Mogh
10-31-2004, 07:49 PM
When they got down to 40 I was in an Act II that was 4-handed.

JoeU
10-31-2004, 10:22 PM
They were playing those Act II's in the same ballroom I think.

I must have walked right by you. Sorry, maybe next time we'll have a chance to get together.

Joe

Michael Davis
11-01-2004, 12:37 AM
Nice job, Barry.

-Michael

Joe Tall
11-01-2004, 02:53 AM
Picking up Buckshot from the Airport: -$9001
Making 19.5BBs in the ring game at Foxwoods: +$780
Seeing Barry make the final table: Priceless.

Congrats, Barry!
-Joe Tall

CrackerZack
11-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Buckshot had a nice wig though.

Barry
11-02-2004, 11:09 AM
After much poker, I'm finally checking back in.

At any rate, I had a few good levels after the lunch break, mostly at the expense of Paul Darden who sat to my right for about 2 hours.

When we got down to about 16 players I had about T70K which was among the chip leaders.

One hand when at the 3K/6K level,I open raised with 55 in MP, the BB is the only caller, I flop a set with 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, on board and the river is a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif giving the BB a flush so I went to the final table with T55K about in the middle of the pack.

After getting no joy with AQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif and losing when my 99 lost to TT, and some blinds, I was down to T9K at the 4K/8K level and 2 players already busting out.

I pick up 97 /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG and with only 2 BB's left I figured that this was the best that I was going to see and raise, the next player (the same one that hit the flush on me) 3 bets, all fold and I toss in my last 1K chip.

She turns over A6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. As I'm contemplating my post-tourny activities, the dealer spreads the flop. Before I can even focus on it, the player to my right who is a FW's regular, says "Oh my god, he flopped the stone cold nuts!" Since my opponent was a woman, I sat up and looked at a 568 flop. I'm alive again!. The dealer burns and turns an 8, then she burns and turns and my right hand neighbor says "Oh my god!", I look at the river and it's another 8 and my nut straight loses to 8's full of 6's. Oh well, I was happy, first that I survived the first break, then the dinner break, then the fact that I made the money, then delirious that I made the final table, but was very dissapointed that I checked out of the final table with mearly a whimper. It's funny how you can be happy that you made it so far, but sad that you didn't go further.

Oh well, not too bad for a mediocre poker player. It will be the $1K buy-in limit tourney on Wed that's next for me.

deacsoft
11-02-2004, 01:59 PM
Tough break, but nice job. Best wishes for continued success.

Kurn, son of Mogh
11-02-2004, 10:02 PM
majQa' Barry. Good seeing you again. I'll be back down in the Acts on Saturday.

Buckshot
11-04-2004, 04:36 PM
I bought the wig from a guy in the BB King for $10. It was worth it since the guy that got in front of me to buy beer bought 4 beers for us guys.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

~stephen