PDA

View Full Version : KK in BB

Fiddler
10-31-2004, 01:28 PM
I had been at the table for about 50 hands now. UTG limp-reraising doesn't mean much, he usally raises or limp-reraises any time he plays. His PFR is over 40% and VP$IP over 70%. Both MP and SB were very loose (50% around VP$IP). SB hadn't raised once PF. Still... not much of a sample size.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Figured I'd let UTG drive the others out but I got a bit scared by all the cold-calling. I was worried about flush draws and that someone had an eight and was waiting for the turn to raise.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Third eight on the board makes me feel pretty safe. Someone would have to sit on the fourth one or AA or QQ to make me lose and unless UTG limp-reraised with a real hand it seems unlikely.

Final Pot: 32.50 BB

I mostly wonder about the flop. Any other mistakes?

amirpc
10-31-2004, 01:51 PM
I probably jam the flop, but I understand why you didn't.

If it gets back to me on the turn without a raise in there, I would be very tempted to check-raise. This depends on the table of course, if it seems likely that someone would turn a low flush and just call it down I might not do that.

I probably check-raise the river assuming I didn't already do it on the turn this is just because I want all the people behind UTG to call his 1 bet so when I 2 bet UTG can 3 bet and hopefully we'll get a caller in there too for your cap. I just wouldn't want the people who were probably drawing dead the whole hand to have to face 2 cold, I'd rather them just have 1 so they are likely to call and then I can try to get a few more out of them with the CR.