PDA

View Full Version : Moving to a new poker site

VTEddie
10-31-2004, 11:53 AM
I origionally posted this in the internet gambling section but got no responses....

I'm gonna start taking up online poker pretty seriously. I've come to the conclusion that two things are required: Poker Tracker, and multi-tableing.

This sucks cause i started playing on Pacific a couple months ago. Pacific doesnt support either multi-tableing or hand history's into PT.

So i just wanted to know what people recomend for me to go to out of the sites that are supported by poker tracker.

Poker Tracker supports these main sites not sure about the multi tables:

Empire Poker
Party Poker
Intertops Poker
Coral Poker
Multi Poker
Paradise Poker
Poker Stars
Ultimate Bet
Absolute Poker

Thanks guys.

Macdaddy Warsaw
10-31-2004, 03:04 PM
If it supports 1 table, it supports multiple tables too. And I think they all let you play on multiple tables, but I'm not the person to ask since I've only really used Party & Skins and UB.

MEbenhoe
10-31-2004, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

So i just wanted to know what people recomend for me to go to out of the sites that are supported by poker tracker.

Poker Tracker supports these main sites not sure about the multi tables:

Empire Poker
Party Poker
Intertops Poker
Coral Poker
Multi Poker
Paradise Poker
Poker Stars
Ultimate Bet
Absolute Poker

Thanks guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Empire, Party, Intertops, and MultiPoker are just a few of the many Party Skins that all feed into the same poker rooms. I recommend hopping from site to site within the Party Skins earning all their deposit bonuses. They also have probably the best games overall.

Coral Poker I've never heard of, possibly another skin? Paradise Poker, Ultimate Bet, and Poker Stars are some of the tighter sites online and you'd be better off playing on a Party Skin. Although I do have to admit the Poker Stars $0.50/$1 and $1/$2 games are quite good.

As far as Absolute Poker goes, they have a very nice deposit bonus which makes it tempting to play there, but they don't have a ton of traffic on their site and other sites definitely have better games.

Hope that helped.

Edited to add: All these sites support multi-tabling

dogmeat
10-31-2004, 05:58 PM
Of the sites you mention, the best games are still on Pacific. Since it sounds like you are still fairly new, you might want to consider staying at Pacific to improve your game first. Poker tracker is terrific, and I certainly think you should get it. However, if you are reading these forums, and reading Theory of Poker, Hold'em poker by D. Sklansky and then SSH by Ed Miller, you can probably make as much (and improve your game quicker) if you single-table at Pacific.

When you are making 4+BB/hour at your limit at Pacific, then you can figure it is time to multi-table and the Party skins would be my advice. The games are still soft, but compared to Pacific, you will probably see a drop of about 30% in your BB/hour rates on a single game. Adding additional games will cut your win rate by another 10-30%.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif