PDA

View Full Version : lowball

09-10-2001, 07:56 PM
In the 15-30 lowball game near my house you can look at three and "kill it". I was discussing this particular aspect of the game with a friend of mine. He said he would "kill it" with any nonpairing three cards to a bicycle. However he would not "kill it" if this hand contained the joker. Is this correct? With what three cards would you consider "killing it"?

09-11-2001, 09:42 AM
Can you explain the blinds and the protocol for "killing it" in a little more detail? Does the dealer pause after the first three cards and everyone gets a chance in turn to kill it?

At first thought, it sounds completely irrational to kill it with any three wheel cards but not with two wheel cards and a joker. I can't think of any hand I'd rather have than ace-deuce-joker.

--JMike

09-11-2001, 11:43 AM
If you have 543 with 2 cards to go. There are 16 cards that give you a good raising hand and 33 cards that do not. Without doing the math, it looks like a little over half the time you will make a 4-card 7 or better. That doesn't sound like a good kill but its no disaster either.

I would say kill with any 3 cards 4 or lower, or any 2 cards 6 or lower including the joker.

However, you DO need to kill to keep the peace in the home games. So if you haven't killed it since Clinton was last caught telling the truth (OK, since Bush last spoke a paragraph with no pho-pau's) then loosen up a little on the kill.

- Louie