PDA

View Full Version : Another Omaha High hand, Comments Please

09-10-2001, 12:54 AM
Thank you for the e-mails and site postings to my Omaha High questions. I would like to ask a starting hand question from a game earlier this evening. I had the following in an unraised pot on the button: Qc Qs 8S 10d. Is this a playable hand?

And if I had been in the BB with the same hand facing a single raise would I want to call the extra bet?

Thank you,

Mark

09-13-2001, 01:30 PM
I play LL Omaha Hi (4-8).

In these games there are between 7-9 limpers in each pot, sometimes (25%) raised.

I would play this hand in the games I play in, or under similar conditions. You have some straight outs, the flush is a plus, tho not the nuts, and the queens are going to win alot of large pots when you flop your set. Big sets are what bring me a large chunk of my profit in these loose passive Omaha Hi games. You get called by lesser houses, flushes and even straights.

Not the greatest hand, but has enough going for it to toss in a sb before the flop. Yes, I would also call a raise with it in the BB. This assumes the 7 callers that are normal in my games, raised or not.

Clark