PDA

View Full Version : Daschle Plummeting at Tradesports

adios
10-31-2004, 06:15 AM
Daschle is about a 3:2 dog to Thune at Tradesports now. Hope that is an accurate indication as it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Even if Kerry wins it looks like there'll be a few things to savor. BTW Bush is about an 11:10 favorite at Tradesports now and Bush is an ever so slight favorite in Ohio. Interesting site Tradesports and it does appear that it can offer some interesting ways to "arbitrage" events it trades contracts on.

SinCityGuy
10-31-2004, 06:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Even if Kerry wins it looks like there'll be a few things to savor.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Kerry presidency and a republican congress would be a good thing, in my opinion.

The country has done well in recent history when we have a divided executive branch and legislative branch. The Clinton years with a republican congress and the Reagan years with a democratic congress saw some good common sense legislation get passed and signed into law.

GWB
10-31-2004, 06:31 AM
Its been 10 years since the sitting Speaker of the House was defeated, it is time for another Party leader to be KOed by the voters.

Of course there just might be a 157% voter turnout on the Pine Ridge Reservation to save him.

goldcowboy
10-31-2004, 09:45 AM
Looks like my donation to the Thune campaign was a wise investment that will pay big dividends. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nicholasp27
10-31-2004, 10:57 AM
i'm definitely one for a dem pres and rep congress or vice-versa

i don't like how it could be W, rep house, rep senate, rep-majority Supreme Court

that is too much power for one party to have

i wouldn't want it to be all democratic or all republican...

no matter how repub or democratic u are, u shouldn't want it that way...